Is Julio still the #2 WR in the league?

mdonnelly21

2nd Best WR in the league.  

63 members have voted

1. 1. Who's the best WR behind AB

1 hour ago, Danger said:

Talent wise? Absolutely. For whatever reason he just can't be utilized properly in Atlanta IMO

uh... hes on track for like 1800 yards. TDS would be nice but theres tons of variance in them and doesnt dictate whose good tbh. Julio may be the toughest matchup in the league, hes right there at the top as usual.

2 hours ago, ET80 said:

Gimmie Hop if I have to take one. Because Homer. :D

You're not too far off, imo. So no, I don't think you're being a homer at all. I was possibly considering myself to be honest.

I have had him at #5 for awhile now and when I read the OP  I immediately thought of OBJ, AJ and Nuk(my 3-5 career wise) and how I would rank them as of now after Julio's season last year which has seemed to have carried over into this one.

This seriously made me start to reconsider things when looking at the full picture. OBJ is stuck with QB purgatory, but is coming off of an injury. Nuk has a young developing QB who has a struggling OL(to be polite). And AJ is in the best situation of all three of them with---which isn't saying much. 

Man, It's really hard to erase what Julio has accomplished in his career but it's also hard to ignore his failures in the red zone when other are out-playing him in under much worse conditions (supporting casts, coaching, etc). 

Nuk has been consistent his entire career and this year the only reason I wouldn't put him at #1 right now this season is because of Theilan (who is not in this conversation) is playing lights out. But still, #2 only further highlights what he has shown throughout his career.

--------------------------

As far as the OP. You know what, this is too close to call right now. I'm still sticking with my guns until the season is over. 

AB

Julio
OBJ
AJ
Nuk

10 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

I would love to see how often he is targeted in the RZ. Its like he gets them down there and then the offense uses him as a decoy.

That theory has been debunked as well. Even when he has single coverage he can't seem to get open. 

It's been going on for too long. Especially when he has played his entire career with a consensus top-7 QB.

58 minutes ago, sammymvpknight said:

He’s allergic to paydirt. TDs are sorta important. 

They are, but they're also very circumstantial. Sure, I'll blindly take the 1000 yard, 10 TD season over the 1000 yard, 0 TD season, but we're talking insane yardage with Julio and we know he is capable of scoring TDs. Not to mention Matt Ryan has been slinging pass TDs lately, they're not struggling to score through the air. 

No, he's not.  Deandre Hopkins is.  Even if you completely ignore the TD factor (considering that Hopkins led the league in TDs with 13 last season while Julio had only 3 last season and has yet to catch one this season), Hopkins has the best pair of hands that I've ever seen in a wide receiver.  He's the closest thing that I've seen in my lifetime to a receiver carrying a team on their back.  Dont forget about his 2015 season when he caught 111 for 1521 and 11 TDs and practically willed that putrid Texans offense to the playoffs

Archived