Official GDT, Week 8: Browns vs. Steelers

NateDawg

4 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

It’s a statistic, it’s not accurate or inaccurate, which you understand.

I’m not sure why you’re being so obtuse about this.

Because of your recalcitrance in admitting that he is missing targets and, hence, has not been accurate.

1 minute ago, bruceb said:

Because of your recalcitrance in admitting that he is missing targets and, hence, has not been accurate.

Who said he hasn’t missed targets?  What QB doesn’t?

You just have this incomprehensible ability to get an idea in your head and refuse to acknowledge any fact that refutes it.

Drew Brees went 15-28 in a game his rookie year. Does that make him inaccurate?

Goff completed %54 of his passes his rookie season.  Is he inaccurate?

Peyton was at 56.  How about him?

Im sure this won’t make a bit of a difference to you as you’re like a dog with a bone when you have a thought, but one statline or even a rookie statline doesn’t mean a player lacks a trait.

Baker isn’t throwing wormburners on in outs, overthrowing wide open receivers, throwing lasers on swing passes, etc. he’s missing narrow windows (which all qb’s do), having passes dropped, throwing balls away when no one is open and he’s under pressure and getting zero help from the coaches or receivers.

I’ve just never seen someone who’s obviously got some level of intelligence so willfully ignore any and all context related to a situation.

2 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Let’s be honest, have you ever been tired from something you did 6 days before?

IDK man, I think the fatigues happens in the moment, but to say you’re more fatigued because you’ve played an extra 50 snaps over a month and a half seems like a stretch.

These guys looked gassed because Pittsburgh drove the ball and we went 3 and out repeatedly combined with the fact we don’t rotate much imo.

Gotta say, I was surprised to read this from you. I couldn't disagree more. I don't know if you've ever worked a labor intensive job for a prolonged period of time, but fatigue can certainly accumulate. Maybe you have and you're just one of the lucky few with boundless energy and recovery abilities.

When I worked lumber for a couple of years, yes, there were times one long, bad day could affect my body the next week or two of work. Working from 6-6 Mon-Fri, if I had to come in and cover a Saturday, it would kick my butt for at least a week. I really did need those two weekend days to rest & recuperate or I dragged butt for days.

But maybe that's just me.

1 minute ago, Fatgerman said:

Gotta say, I was surprised to read this from you. I couldn't disagree more. I don't know if you've ever worked a labor intensive job for a prolonged period of time, but fatigue can certainly accumulate. Maybe you have and you're just one of the lucky few with boundless energy and recovery abilities.

When I worked lumber for a couple of years, yes, there were times one long, bad day could affect my body the next week or two of work. Working from 6-6 Mon-Fri, if I had to come in and cover a Saturday, it would kick my butt for at least a week. I really did need those two weekend days to rest & recuperate or I dragged butt for days.

But maybe that's just me.

These guys have off days, and it’s a 3 hour game with breaks, not a marathon and not 6 or 7 days per week.

They also have world class training staffs to aid their recovery, which I’m assuming the lumber yard didn’t provide you.

I’m sure they do feel some fatigue, and aches, and stiffness, etc., but I don’t buy into those 50 or so snaps of extra football over 6 weeks being an enormous difference between them and other teams.

6 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

but one statline or even a rookie statline doesn’t mean a player lacks a trait.

I didn't say he did.

I said he hasn't displayed it.

Thy protesteh too much.

Just admit that he has not shown accuracy and everything will be as right as rain.:)

3 minutes ago, bruceb said:

Just admit that he has not shown accuracy and everything will be as right as rain.:)

If he isn't dodging a guy being let in by the RT, he has a guy coming from the left or the front. The centre of the pocket collapsed nearly every snap, and we never moved the pocket, 

1 minute ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

These guys have off days, and it’s a 3 hour game with breaks, not a marathon and not 6 or 7 days per week.

They also have world class training staffs to aid their recovery, which I’m assuming the lumber yard didn’t provide you.

I’m sure they do feel some fatigue, and aches, and stiffness, etc., but I don’t buy into those 50 or so snaps of extra football over 6 weeks being an enormous difference between them and other teams.

Shows what you know, we had a guy named Jerry who carried an emergency tube of Bengay and black electrician's tape for cuts. Plus, he could be persuaded to rub your shoulders if you bought him a beer after work. Now that's what I call world-class.

Just now, bruceb said:

I didn't say he did.

Perhaps not, but you certainly imply it with every incompletion.

Just now, bruceb said:

I said he hasn't displayed it.

But he has, you just refuse to acknowledge it. Did you watch the Jets game? He makes a handful of great throws each week.

Just now, bruceb said:

Thy protesteh too much.

On a discussion board???? 

Just now, bruceb said:

What an interesting world you must live in amigo. ? 

Just now, Fatgerman said:

Shows what you know, we had a guy named Jerry who carried an emergency tube of Bengay and black electrician's tape for cuts. Plus, he could be persuaded to rub your shoulders if you bought him a beer after work. Now that's what I call world-class.

Sounds like Jerry was the one really working with the wood then.

1 minute ago, Kiwibrown said:

If he isn't dodging a guy being let in by the RT, he has a guy coming from the left or the front. The centre of the pocket collapsed nearly every snap, and we never moved the pocket, 

Now that's context!

Vs. some Drew Brees crap from 100 years ago.

1 minute ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Sounds like Jerry was the one really working with the wood then.

Hey, pal, I said shoulders! We were manly lumber guys, for God's sake. That sorta thing only happened on lunch breaks in the insulation loft, and I was never a party to such rendezvous. Partly because I was never invited, but mostly because I don't roll that way...I think.

Archived