Official GDT, Week 8: Browns vs. Steelers

NateDawg

Legit question...

Maybe I missed something, but I see tons of Twitter posts about the clock management at the end of the 2nd Half with Pittsburgh driving...

I was making food for the family...and had one eye on the game..

Is it that people wanted to call timeouts so pittsburgh would have more time to score??

What did I miss...

i'm confused as to why people are making such a big deal about this...

Hear me out, guys. I'm with Hue. I honestly feel bad for him that he's had to endure such a tough road. No one else could have done what he's done through all the adversity, the terrible players, terrible assistant coaches, terrible FO's. Hell, look at this team right now, not a lick of talent. This team is a complete tear down, rebuild job. 

It's excruciating watching a genius, ahead of his time, stuck in a quagmire of incompetence, like Hue is. His supreme talent and magnificence is being squandered, and it's a crying shame I tell ya.

1 hour ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Garrett had one tackle today, albeit it was a sack, but still, one tackle??

Well he had one QB hit, our only one of the day. No excuse for not getting any pressure on Ben if we aren't also clogging the middle for the run. Our offense was terrible but our defense didn't perform as well as they should have either. Then ST. Just a bad day all around. We need to switch things up when they aren't working and we rarely do that, we didn't do it at all today. We were outcoached and outplayed, we can't replace every player though so...

2 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

Well he had one QB hit, our only one of the day. No excuse for not getting any pressure on Ben if we aren't also clogging the middle for the run. Our offense was terrible but our defense didn't perform as well as they should have either. Then ST. Just a bad day all around. We need to switch things up when they aren't working and we rarely do that, we didn't do it at all today. We were outcoached and outplayed, we can't replace every player though so...

I think our four overtime games are catching up with the defense. Bye week can't come soon enough.

8 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

Yeah, they never seem to make the right adjustments.

5 minutes ago, Fatgerman said:

I think our four overtime games are catching up with the defense. Bye week can't come soon enough.

Let’s be honest, have you ever been tired from something you did 6 days before?

IDK man, I think the fatigues happens in the moment, but to say you’re more fatigued because you’ve played an extra 50 snaps over a month and a half seems like a stretch.

These guys looked gassed because Pittsburgh drove the ball and we went 3 and out repeatedly combined with the fact we don’t rotate much imo.

46 minutes ago, Mind Character said:

Legit question...

Maybe I missed something, but I see tons of Twitter posts about the clock management at the end of the 2nd Half with Pittsburgh driving...

I was making food for the family...and had one eye on the game..

Is it that people wanted to call timeouts so pittsburgh would have more time to score??

What did I miss...

i'm confused as to why people are making such a big deal about this...

Time wasn’t an issue for Pitt tbh, they had timeouts.

I wanted them to call a timeout and try to disrupt Pittsburgh’s rhythm, give the defense a blow, get everyone on the same page to make a stop, etc.

No different than a basketball coach calling a timeout when a team goes on a 10 point run.

3 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Time wasn’t an issue for Pitt tbh, they had timeouts.

I wanted them to call a timeout and try to disrupt Pittsburgh’s rhythm, give the defense a blow, get everyone on the same page to make a stop, etc.

No different than a basketball coach calling a timeout when a team goes on a 10 point run.

Oh okay... calling a TO to give the defense a blow makes some sense...

I was busy and not watching the time or that drive closely... I didn't know we were getting gashed like that... I just looked up it was halftime and they scored again...

Reading on Twitter painted a different picture of what people were mad about...

Taking a TO there while an opponent is driving to score at the end of half does seem a little odd... but given the context in game maybe it makes some sense...

5 minutes ago, Mind Character said:

Oh okay... calling a TO to give the defense a blow makes some sense...

I was busy and not watching the time or that drive closely... I didn't know we were getting gashed like that... I just looked up it was halftime and they scored again...

Reading on Twitter painted a different picture of what people were mad about...

Taking a TO there while an opponent is driving to score at the end of half does seem a little odd... but given the context in game maybe it makes some sense...

Yeah, it was a 16 play, 87 yard drive over the last 7 plus minutes.

Burning a TO or two couldn’t have hurt anything imo.

Man we were never going to beat them 

we’re into that part of the season where good teams are good they’re playing in their identity 

we got too many rookie and not enough play makers

are we playing up to our potential? I really don’t know it’s hard to say 

we’re so young still man at key spots it’s gonna be tough to be mature teams like Pitt 

we got Breshad Perriman playing smh that’s not a good look 

Archived