2019 Off-Season Roster Building: Free Agency & Draft

Mind Character

1 hour ago, freakygeniuskid said:

giphy.gif

This is a formal warning for personal attacks on posters.

1 hour ago, buckeyesNut0623 said:

So true. I gave @DizzyDean more crap then just about anyone about Baker. Needless to say but I was wrong!! 😁 and I've never been so happy to be wrong in my life. 

^--this guy gets it

1 hour ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Lol Nude wasn’t serious 

Serious as a heart attack, bro.

1 hour ago, buckeyesNut0623 said:

Then we disagree then, from what i have seen he has been pretty spot on and he was def one of few people who were saying that Mayfield>>>>Darnold that I remember (cause of all that crap I gave him 🙂)

Yeah, if @LETSGOBROWNIES doesn't like it, I dare him to dig around and show where he Dizzy hasn't both had more knowledge and class when analyzing QBs (hint: it's gonna be a while, as he's gonna have to go back to the old forum to maybe even have a chance to find where Dizzy has been wrong on a QB.  It's cool, LGB...I'll be here waiting when you come crawling back empty-handed).

Edited by NudeTayne
smdh, mostly @freaky
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, DizzyDean said:

Certainly, I would trust me if I were you.  After all, I was right about Kizer, time will prove me right about Baker, it will also prove me right about Darnold.  Also, keep in mind, we are discussing a backup QB here, we are not getting Mahomes to be our backup.

I'm glad Darnold hasn't flamed out quite yet so there's no chance that that bum would be a backup QB option here.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BleedTheClock said:

Those are two incredible anomalies.

I’m only half serious, but if something happens twice in 16 years it’s not exactly an incredible anomaly.

Do I want a quality backup?  Yeah, if ones available for a decent price.  Would I break the bank for one?  No.

1 hour ago, Kiwibrown said:

That doesnt always work, if we gave him 20 mill and kept the contract the same he may complain in 2021.

Reworks work for the Patriots.

All a matter of what value the player puts on winning, regularly.

4 minutes ago, bruceb said:

Reworks work for the Patriots.

All a matter of what value the player puts on winning, regularly.

I'd give him 20 million of our excess this year if it drops the value in the future, but if we are paying him 14 million in 2021 and the top wrs are on 22 million by gen, I doubt obj will be content with his contract. 

1 hour ago, NudeTayne said:

This is a formal warning for personal attacks on posters.

^--this guy gets it

Serious as a heart attack, bro.

Yeah, if @LETSGOBROWNIES doesn't like it, I dare him to dig around and show where he Dizzy hasn't both had more knowledge and class when analyzing QBs (hint: it's gonna be a while, as he's gonna have to go back to the old forum to maybe even have a chance to find where Dizzy has been wrong on a QB.  It's cool, LGB...I'll be here waiting when you come crawling back empty-handed).

I thought you were a @DizzyDean supporter but @LETSGOBROWNIES had me thinking I mixed you up with someone else. I can admit when I'm wrong and I bow before Dizzy's vast QB knowledge. 

6 minutes ago, buckeyesNut0623 said:

I thought you were a @DizzyDean supporter but @LETSGOBROWNIES had me thinking I mixed you up with someone else. I can admit when I'm wrong and I bow before Dizzy's vast QB knowledge. 

Everyone but Dizzy knows how big of a Dizzy supporter I am. The guy knows his QBs. If he says we should trade a second and third pick for Macaroon, I'd trust him on this one.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, NudeTayne said:

I'm glad Darnold hasn't flamed out quite yet so there's no chance that that bum would be a backup QB option here.

Darnold won't flame out barring injury, he will be the gift that keeps on giving for a long long time.  He will linger and have a very long career being middle of the pack, ala post injury Chad Pennington.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, NudeTayne said:

Everyone but Dizzy knows how big of a Dizzy supporter I am. The guy knows his QBs. If he says we should trade a second and third pick for Macaroon, I'd trust him on this one.

Well no, no need to make a trade at this point, if we want him we can just sign him.  I wasn't big on trading for him in the first place.  At the time of missed paper work gate, he would have been a tremendous upgrade for us.  Last year I wanted to sign him and still draft Baker, so he could play while Baker sat until he was ready, though I did say that Baker was the most pro ready of the lot right out of the gate.  I am happy that we are where we are regarding the QB position, rather than passing on Baker to keep trying to develop Kizer, who so many here thought was the 2nd coming or something.

• Like 2