2019 Off-Season Roster Building: Free Agency & Draft

Mind Character

3 hours ago, Kiwibrown said:

We will only be able to trade him if we tag him. Which wi be nearly half our available cap. Which doable, but a bit hair raising.

If he comes back strong I could see us tag and trade for a 2nd.

No, we have one more year of him as a ERFA after this. We could sign him to that one year deal and then move him. Unless there's a weird cap rule there that I'm missing.

The Browns will introduce Odell Beckham Jr. to Cleveland Monday afternoon, the first day of offseason workouts. The team will have a rookie minicamp May 3-5, and a mandatory veteran minicamp June 4-6. OTA practices open to the media will be May 15, 22 and 29. Freddie Kitchens will have one additional veteran minicamp, thought those dates have not been announced.

From what I’ve read, the Browns have the best workout facilities in the entire NFL. Everything is state of the art and the Haslams invested quite a bit into it. Really excited for the season to get started.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, freakygeniuskid said:

No, we have one more year of him as a ERFA after this. We could sign him to that one year deal and then move him. Unless there's a weird cap rule there that I'm missing.

I looked around it seems like he wi be a rfa not erfa, so we will tender him. If he plays, which I guess we will put a 1st round tender on him as a rfa. 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

I looked around it seems like he wi be a rfa not erfa, so we will tender him. If he plays, which I guess we will put a 1st round tender on him as a rfa. 

You guys are greatly overthinking this Hunt thing.  It was a brilliant move by Dorsey, he is a cheap piece for a playoff and maybe even superbowl run this year.  If he comes back and is out of shape and sucks, nothing major lost, it was a cheap no real risk contract.  If he comes back and looks like the Hunt from the Chiefs, he walks and gets a MONSTER contract elsewhere and we get a comp pick in return while we already have a beast at the position in his own right in Chubb.  No need for all of this tag talk and all of that.  Keep it simple silly.

12 minutes ago, DizzyDean said:

You guys are greatly overthinking this Hunt thing.  It was a brilliant move by Dorsey, he is a cheap piece for a playoff and maybe even superbowl run this year.  If he comes back and is out of shape and sucks, nothing major lost, it was a cheap no real risk contract.  If he comes back and looks like the Hunt from the Chiefs, he walks and gets a MONSTER contract elsewhere and we get a comp pick in return while we already have a beast at the position in his own right in Chubb.  No need for all of this tag talk and all of that.  Keep it simple silly.

Yeah, not so much. With the way RFA/ERFA rules work, we have his rights for at least one more year. While that would likely be the strategy in 2021, we do have to think about him for at least one more year after this one.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, freakygeniuskid said:

Yeah, not so much. With the way RFA/ERFA rules work, we have his rights for at least one more year. While that would likely be the strategy in 2021, we do have to think about him for at least one more year after this one.

It only changes it slightly.  Either way I suspect that he is gone.  If he is a beast while sharing with Chubb who I expect to be a beast in his own right, I don’t see them putting any more than a round 2 tender on him at best.  More likely an original round drafted tender.  If he is worth that tender then some team will sign him to a huge contract that we will have no interest in matching since we still have Chubb locked up.

On 3/28/2019 at 8:39 PM, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I think he’s likely to be our PR.

Someone else should return kicks, it’s pointless.

When was the last time there has been a kick return for a TD. I honestly feel like the last time I saw it happen it was Devon Hester.

Kickoffs went from being exciting and you had studs like Cribbs/Hester/Hall and now you might as well just eliminate the kick with how many rules are in place to NOT have a kick return TD.

Edited by AkronsWitness
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, DizzyDean said:

It only changes it slightly.  Either way I suspect that he is gone.  If he is a beast while sharing with Chubb who I expect to be a beast in his own right, I don’t see them putting any more than a round 2 tender on him at best.  More likely an original round drafted tender.  If he is worth that tender then some team will sign him to a huge contract that we will have no interest in matching since we still have Chubb locked up.

Unless he gets hurt he is worth a 1st. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kiwibrown said:

Dorsey puts a first round tender on Hunt and then negotiates to an early-mid 2nd and the next year's 4th. That's how I see it going down. The kick will end up making it impossible to nab a 1st for Hunt, especially with him being due a big RB contract.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Kiwibrown said:

Highly doubtful.  Not many players get a 1st.  Especially as barring injury he will be a part time player for half of a season.

i just did some googling to try to find a list of rfa players and the tender that they received.  I could not find it sadly.  

If hut returns to form, he woukd be worth the round 1 tender if not for chubb.  With Chubb though I dont see it happening even though the salary amount is reasonable for a stud rb, he would still be a part time player.  I dont think they risk no team giving up a first and being on the hook for about 4.5 million for him.

I also think if they tried it he would become a bigger locker room problem than Bell was with the Steelers.  He signed here to repair his image and open the door to a big payday.  Nothing more.  You dont want to hold him hostage for a ridiculously low comoarative salary and force him to stay on the team under duress.

1 hour ago, DizzyDean said:

Highly doubtful.  Not many players get a 1st.  Especially as barring injury he will be a part time player for half of a season.

i just did some googling to try to find a list of rfa players and the tender that they received.  I could not find it sadly.  

If hut returns to form, he woukd be worth the round 1 tender if not for chubb.  With Chubb though I dont see it happening even though the salary amount is reasonable for a stud rb, he would still be a part time player.  I dont think they risk no team giving up a first and being on the hook for about 4.5 million for him.

I also think if they tried it he would become a bigger locker room problem than Bell was with the Steelers.  He signed here to repair his image and open the door to a big payday.  Nothing more.  You dont want to hold him hostage for a ridiculously low comoarative salary and force him to stay on the team under duress.

He is a top 5 rb in the nfl. He is worth a 1st if he is playing that well. He would of pushed for being an all peo rb this year. 

Fournette went top 10. A bunch of lesser running backs went in the 1st round, rashard penny, sony michel, that couldn't hold his jock strap.

1 hour ago, NudeTayne said:

Dorsey puts a first round tender on Hunt and then negotiates to an early-mid 2nd and the next year's 4th. That's how I see it going down. The kick will end up making it impossible to nab a 1st for Hunt, especially with him being due a big RB contract.

You see it correctly. Wisetayne for the win.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

He is a top 5 rb in the nfl. He is worth a 1st if he is playing that well. He would of pushed for being an all peo rb this year. 

Fournette went top 10. A bunch of lesser running backs went in the 1st round, rashard penny, sony michel, that couldn't hold his jock strap.

You see it correctly. Wisetayne for the win.

How many of thise rbs taken in round 1 are on take kicking a woman and will demand an leveon bell type of contract?  Other teams would have to renegotiate that contract, give up a round 1 pick, and deal with that stigma.

I repeat, not likely, and not likely Dorsey would use that tender.  I get the talent of he has not lost anything while sitting out, but there are more variabkes than just talent.  There are the above mentioned factors.  There is also the fact that we also have chubb so keeping him would be a luxury not a need.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, freakygeniuskid said:

If he would have been suspended for 10-11 games he could have been an ERFA but since it’s obly 8 games he will be a normal RFA. 

6 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

When was the last time there has been a kick return for a TD. I honestly feel like the last time I saw it happen it was Devon Hester.

Kickoffs went from being exciting and you had studs like Cribbs/Hester/Hall and now you might as well just eliminate the kick with how many rules are in place to NOT have a kick return TD.

There were 7 total in the league last year.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/statistics/team/_/stat/returning