2019 Off-Season Roster Building: Free Agency & Draft

Mind Character

33 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

@ramssuperbowl99 here’s another reason to support this team. The eagles have a “underdog” mask. We have a rally possum.

https://www.wkyc.com/article/sports/nfl/browns/rally-possum-becomes-viral-sensation-as-cleveland-browns-beat-new-york/95-596737499

We all owe you a football.

12 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

OH CAPTAIN MY CAPTAIN

Just declare it already. Sing it from the rooftops! Become the person you always wished you could be.

Edited by NudeTayne
The username brownssuperbowl20 is available and standing by.
  • Like 2

We don't need any bell cow backup RBs in this draft.  We need a pass protector that can be a safety valve, reliable pass catcher and beat a team on an occasional draw play.  Guys like that don't go high in the draft, and they can be found mid to late.  A Danny Woodhead guy would be just fine.  Someone who will help our franchise QB not get killed and can be a potential asset in a 2-minute offense. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Kiwibrown said:

Garrett, larry, rischardson, Vernon

Ward, carrie, kirksey, shco, avery, mitchell

Randall would be our best 11 on defense at the moment. 

Carrie or mitchell could both be the 8th guy in the box.

Terrence Mitchell trying to tackle made me physically sick to my stomach last year. He ain't playing in the box. That said, I like him as an outside #2 CB.

• Like 2

Why are we looking at RB's? We have 2 of the top 5 young RB's in the NFL. It's great to have Duke, but we most certainly don't NEED him. It'd be a waste of a draft pick to go get a RB that is going to get 1-2 touches a game.

I'd personally just keep Duke, but if we trade him I'm hoping it's for more than a mid round pick that we'll then flip into a different RB.

12 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Dontrell Hilliard can be a stopgap back for 8 weeks.

We need to start becoming like the Steelers who turn scrubs into temporarily productive players.

Yeah pretty much. We certainly won't be losing any games because of who our #2 RB was for the first 8 weeks.

17 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

Yeah pretty much. We certainly won't be losing any games because of who our #2 RB was for the first 8 weeks.

Also, if the Tampa Bay Buccaneers are any indicators last year, Todd Monken's offense will enable us to abandon the run every game while still putting up godly numbers. People seem to forget that they had no decent running backs, and they still had one of the most prolific offenses in the NFL.

Edited by Here'sJim

5 minutes ago, Here'sJim said:

Also, if the Tampa Bay Buccaneers are any indicators last year, Todd Monken's offense will enable us to abandon the run every game while still putting up godly numbers. People seem to forget that they had no decent running backs, and they still had one of the most prolific offenses in the NFL.

Yeah I don’t see us running more than 20 times a game. Chubb and hunt are going to get their touches on screens and wheel routes. 

43 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

Exactly and there are decent vet FAs that would be afine #2 for 8weeks.