2019 Off-Season Roster Building: Free Agency & Draft

Mind Character

50 minutes ago, NudeTayne said:

Give me Deandre Baker in a trade-up. He's gonna be great.

He's gonna drop like a rock. Been rumblings for months now that there are some major off the field issues. Like, round one player going mid day-3 level issues.

51 minutes ago, NudeTayne said:

Give me Deandre Baker in a trade-up. He's gonna be great.

Never been a fan I’ve said this in the draft forum. I think he’s a FS in the pros. 

I’ll definitely trade up for Byron Murphy though. Let him drop I’m going up there. He’s going to be a stud in a zone defense I don’t care if his forty was somewhat average. His tape shows he’s a baller.

9 minutes ago, freakygeniuskid said:

He's gonna drop like a rock. Been rumblings for months now that there are some major off the field issues. Like, round one player going mid day-3 level issues.

Link? Heard nothing on this end (?). And holy moly, I would roll the dice on him in the third (depending on the issues, of course).

7 minutes ago, brownie man said:

Never been a fan I’ve said this in the draft forum. I think he’s a FS in the pros. 

I’ll definitely trade up for Byron Murphy though. Let him drop I’m going up there. He’s going to be a stud in a zone defense I don’t care if his forty was somewhat average. His tape shows he’s a baller.

I'd grab Baker later if he actually falls and would be happy to play him at safety/nickel third corner. I could see him being an all pro safety.

14 minutes ago, NudeTayne said:

Link? Heard nothing on this end (?). And holy moly, I would roll the dice on him in the third (depending on the issues, of course).

I'd grab Baker later if he actually falls and would be happy to play him at safety/nickel third corner. I could see him being an all pro safety.

Have heard this as well. Kid is overly confident to the point where it effects his work ethic off the field. Supposedly showed up late to workouts during offseason training and didn't appear to give great effort at times.

27 minutes ago, NudeTayne said:

https://thedraftnetwork.com/player/deandre-baker

Look at Ledyard's "red flags" section.

Have been told by a few sources close to the program that Baker’s practice habits, work ethic and coachability are often not ideal. Could take a relatable coach to know how to handle/get the most out of him. Another source said he didn’t take Combine training seriously.

And a number of the draft podcasts I listen to have mentioned as well that the rumblings along these lines, and more dramatic ones regarding the work ethic especially, are why he is going 4th-5th round in some mocks. 

• Like 1

Browns trading back into the 1st would be fine with me as long as it's for an awesome player.

OT Andre Dillard
DT Ed Oliver
DT Christian Wilkins
TE TJ Hockenson
C Garrett Bradbury
DE Clelin Ferrell
LB Devin White
CB Nasir Adderley
CB DeAndre Baker

Those are the only players that could slide out of the top 10 that I'd consider trading up for.