2019 Off-Season Roster Building: Free Agency & Draft

Mind Character

1 minute ago, Kiwibrown said:

We did that with alex mack.  

I doubt anyone pays that much for higgins. If we do let him walk though, and perriman goes wr is a huge need, we would only have Landry and Callaway.

I think u might be surprised on what Higgins gets offered, he was pretty solid last year.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, nugpimpen said:

I think u might be surprised on what Higgins gets offered, he was pretty solid last year.

Honestly? Within reason, I match. Dude has chemistry with our franchise QB, is young, and moves the chains. I'm not letting him go.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, nugpimpen said:

I think I would go up to 6 million per year for 3 years. 

I dont see higgins having a long career, he isnt a plus athlete, but he sure as heck is a baller.

22 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

We did that with alex mack.  

I doubt anyone pays that much for higgins. If we do let him walk though, and perriman goes wr is a huge need, we would only have Landry and Callaway.

My crystal ball is telling me you have nothing to worry about. Higgins will be a brown for a while. 

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, freakygeniuskid said:

Honestly? Within reason, I match. Dude has chemistry with our franchise QB, is young, and moves the chains. I'm not letting him go.

O yes. Especially because contract #s keep going up and with our cap, I'm matching anything south of 10 per year. Landry wont be here more than a few years anyway.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, nugpimpen said:

O yes. Especially because contract #s keep going up and with our cap, I'm matching anything south of 10 per year. Landry wont be here more than a few years anyway.

I’m cool with Higgins but I’m not down with anything near $10 million/season. 

• Like 2

I want to see what he does in a full season with Baker Mayfield. I think he is much better than his production has shown but he has played with the worst QB in the history of the NFL and been injured a lot. I want to see a full offseason of preparation and continued chemistry with Baker and then a full 16 games. 

It was pretty obvious late in the year he had been surpassed by Antonio Calloway as the #2 though.

37 minutes ago, nugpimpen said:

Hes not gonna be that much but I'm basically saying I'm matching anything because of his progress and obvious chemistry with Baker. From camp thru the season, they just have a great connection.

Meh, give Baker a training camp and he’ll have chemistry with anyone.

25 minutes ago, TheeRealDeal said:

I want to see what he does in a full season with Baker Mayfield. I think he is much better than his production has shown but he has played with the worst QB in the history of the NFL and been injured a lot. I want to see a full offseason of preparation and continued chemistry with Baker and then a full 16 games. 

It was pretty obvious late in the year he had been surpassed by Antonio Calloway as the #2 though.

I think Calloway takes back that #2 role with the quickness this year.  He’s a much more talented player physically.

6 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I think Calloway takes back that #2 role with the quickness this year.  He’s a much more talented player physically.

He took it over last year the last 4 games or so. I was saying Rashard had been surpassed by Calloway for the #2. Yeah, Calloway is the far superior talent in every way. I would still take Calloway WR1 in this class even after D.K's retarded combine.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TheeRealDeal said:

He took it over last year the last 4 games or so. I was saying Rashard had been surpassed by Calloway for the #2. Yeah, Calloway is the far superior talent in every way. I would still take Calloway WR1 in this class even after D.K's retarded combine.

Ah, yeah, misunderstood.

As far as this year, I’m hoping for Debo or McLaurin day 2.

2 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Yo, @Mind Character, is my boner for McLaurin justified in your opinion?

I know where most of these bros stand, but haven’t heard your thoughts.

His body type... movement dynamics... play traits and vertical catch ability reminds me so much of Broncos great WR Rod Smith it's insane...

I honestly don't know what how good he'll be at the next level... if Corey "Philly" Brown got some league shine for a hot minute i don't see why McLaurin can't do that and/or exceed it.

I don't see Terry as a special player or sleeper WR1 or WR2, but he'll be an effective utility WR3 that can moonlight as WR2 if depth at the position gets thin. His value is a as a culture leader in the building and relentless worker.  He'll show up on the practice field as well. Will he ever be a 700 yards, 5 TDs plus WR in the league?? I don't know but right now I say no.