2019 Off-Season Roster Building: Free Agency & Draft

Mind Character

1 minute ago, Mind Character said:

His body type... movement dynamics... play traits and vertical catch ability reminds me so much of Broncos great WR Rod Smith it's insane...

I honestly don't know what how good he'll be at the next level... if Corey "Philly" Brown got some league shine for a hot minute i don't see why McLaurin can't do that and/or exceed it.

I don't see Terry as a special player or sleeper WR1 or WR2, but he'll be an effective utility WR3 that can moonlight as WR2 if depth at the position gets thin. His value is a as a culture leader in the building and relentless worker.  He'll show up on the practice field as well. Will he ever be a 700 yards, 5 TDs plus WR in the league?? I don't know but right now I say no.

I see him as a really solid 4 who can stretch a defense and fill in as a spot starter.

I also think he’s a top tier special teamer, which this team needs desperately needs.  If we could get him in the third round I’m shoulder checking old women on my way to turn in that card.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I see him as a really solid 4 who can stretch a defense and fill in as a spot starter.

I also think he’s a top tier special teamer, which this team needs desperately needs.

That's pretty accurate.

It's the special teams abilities that have my interest.

2 minutes ago, bruceb said:

That's pretty accurate.

It's the special teams abilities that have my interest.

Me as well.

Our ST have been arse for a while, largely because we’re not investing in them.

Most teams carry a couple guys whose main role is anchoring coverage teams.  We need a guy or two like that.  I think McLaurin is capable that as well as contributing on offense.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Me as well.

Our ST have been arse for a while, largely because we’re not investing in them.

Most teams carry a couple guys whose main role is anchoring coverage teams.  We need a guy or two like that.  I think McLaurin is capable that as well as contributing on offense.

I was just thinking of that the other day. We need a couple of special teams animals. If Louis is going to stick it will be as a st ace, he did well a couple of seasons ago.

New England has had matt slater for over a decade, and nate, the guy from LSU as core st. 

I wouldn't mind picking up cordarrelle Patterson to return kicks and do some gadget plays and or some running back.

23 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Most teams carry a couple guys whose main role is anchoring coverage teams.  We need a guy or two like that.

I have read that Dorsey is big on ST.

He will impress me if he plugs the holes there.

12 minutes ago, bruceb said:

I have read that Dorsey is big on ST.

He will impress me if he plugs the holes there.

I believe that is the reason why Dorsey decided not to tender Briean Boddy-Calhoun and opted for the cheaper Jermaine Whitehead. Once Whitehead joined the Browns Calhoun's special teams snaps plummeted and Whitead's started in the mid 40% then 50s all the way up to 60+ % of the special teams snaps and he was better at it as well.

D'Juan Hines is another guy who once joined the team was getting 70% or more of the special teams reps.

Are special teams although never great was much better the last half of the season too.

Edited by TheeRealDeal

Just now, TheeRealDeal said:

I believe that is the reason why Dorsey decided not to tender Briean Boddy-Calhoun and opted for the cheaper Jermaine Whitehead. Once Whitehead joined the Browns Calhoun's special teams snaps plummeted and Whitead's started in the mid 40% then 50s all the way up to 60+ % of the special teams snaps and he was better at it as well.

Today I learned a guy named Jermaine Whitehead plays for the Browns.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, candyman93 said:

Anthony Barr would make a lot of sense for free agency. He’s a guy I see Dorsey going after.

In the immortal words of Trigger Truckstop Haslam after covering his tracks from the FBI and careful deliberations with a homeless guy on Lou Groza Blvd: "Let's go git 'im!"

Edited by dawgdish