2019 Off-Season Roster Building: Free Agency & Draft

Mind Character

4 hours ago, Aztec Hammer said:

Tyrell Williams is the name I just got in a notification.

Decent player, not someone I’d pay the mooted 12m a year for.

But you guys already have a shorter, younger version of him on your roster in Tony Callaway (fast field-stretcher with inconsistent hands)...

46 minutes ago, hornbybrown said:

Shawn Oakman has had all charges dropped against him as he was falsely accused.

He has stayed in shape playing semi pro football. He wants to try out for nfl teams.

Seems like a low risk high reward type situation to me

From what I read up/watched on him, it actually sounds like they got it right and that he was innocent.  I would say to go kick those tires asap; Shawn Oakman is 6'9"/280.  Bun likes length.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, hornbybrown said:

Shawn Oakman has had all charges dropped against him as he was falsely accused.

He has stayed in shape playing semi pro football. He wants to try out for nfl teams.

Seems like a low risk high reward type situation to me

I’ll pass.

He’s about to be 27, isn’t terribly athletic and, iirc, didn’t have great tape.

He was only known/popular because of his frame and the accompanying memes.

7 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I’ll pass.

He’s about to be 27, isn’t terribly athletic and, iirc, didn’t have great tape.

He was only known/popular because of his frame and the accompanying memes.

I'd give him a training camp invite and see if he's got potential. If not, goodbye. If so...meh, I'd kick the tires potentially. Also if not, I still think he's a dirtbag and won't really feel sorry for him.

24 minutes ago, pnies20 said:

Shawn oak man wasn’t ever a good football player. He was just huge.

Idk man, Sophmore year he had close to 20 TFLs and 11sacks and junior year he hasn’t 15 TFLs and 5 sacks. 46.5 career TFLs, which is pretty impressive. When the dude wants to destroy a hole he does...on and off the field...

I would love to give him an invite. I know he was proven innocent but some people will still have issues with it  especially since we just signed Hunt.  

Also the way you describe Oakman is the same way you could describe DK Metcalf  IMO  never the greatest football player, just a huge physics force that might ever live up to the billing in the NFL

9 minutes ago, buno67 said:

Idk man, Sophmore year he had close to 20 TFLs and 11sacks and junior year he hasn’t 15 TFLs and 5 sacks. 46.5 career TFLs, which is pretty impressive. When the dude wants to destroy a hole he does...on and off the field...

I would love to give him an invite. I know he was proven innocent but some people will still have issues with it  especially since we just signed Hunt.  

Also the way you describe Oakman is the same way you could describe DK Metcalf  IMO  never the greatest football player, just a huge physics force that might ever live up to the billing in the NFL

He wasn’t proven innocent. Beyond a reasonable doubt is a pretty high standard. 

Edited by pnies20

27 minutes ago, buno67 said:

He was moderately productive as a junior, no doubt.  That would have been.... 2014.  

He regressed as a senior, is almost 27 and and was fairly unathletic when tested at the combine, unlike Metcalf.  Hell Metcalf even threw up more reps than Oakman. 😂 

Oakman looks like a physical freak, but doesn’t actually test like it. Metcalf is actually a freak.

Bad comparison imo.