Chargers DE Joey Bosa not 'anywhere near ready' to play despite recent progress

Chargers

Just now, kyle21121 said:

8-12 months. 8 months in December. It’s very slim but I’m not ruling it completely out right now. 

Yeah I just looked it up and they put him on PUP which means that he could be back for the playoffs.  Not to nitpick though, but wouldnt it be 7 months in December since he tore it on May 22?

1 minute ago, footbull3196 said:

Yeah I just looked it up and they put him on PUP which means that he could be back for the playoffs.  Not to nitpick though, but wouldnt it be 7 months in December since he tore it on May 22?

Damn I guess you are right. I had forgotten the day knew he was on PUP and I thought I read it’d be 8 months when the playoffs started. 

4 hours ago, Classic said:

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/25105547/los-angeles-chargers-joey-bosa-not-anywhere-ready-play-recent-progress

This team has lied time and time over player injuries. I swear someone needs to get fired for this. We should have put Bosa on IR from day 1 and made trades earlier in the season. Now our SB hopes our dimmed because of this. 

Or maybe things changed? This was a weird injury to begin with. I mean Schefter just stated that he was expected to come back a week ago.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/25041186/los-angeles-chargers-star-joey-bosa-likely-make-season-debut-nov-4-seattle-seahawks

The FO and coaching staff probably felt confident that he was coming back this year, otherwise they would be putting him on IR. It's still not too late to trade for someone. The question is the price and who you can actually get. Premium passrushers are not usually given up unless you're the Oakland Raiders.

3 hours ago, Jags said:

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if he went to a Florida team. That's where he's from. Go home to the Dolphins and enjoy no state tax.

raiders shouls be a wildly attractive FA destination no state tax and you get to live in Las Vegas.

3 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Like you think he is milking this?

I think their family is really big on the notion that this is a business. Just like they "protected" themselves coming out, or Bosa held out last year over contract language that most rookies caved on (offset language, you know in case he doesn't play out his rookie deal in LA), he's not about to put himself out there at less than 100%. These aren't guys, no matter how much they claim to love football or how good they are it, who are going to compromise their health or "business" for their respective teams. I think that's who this guy is going to be. I think that's who his brother is going to be. Right now, both have injuries that they were expected to come back sooner from, but sources close claim that it REALLY takes x number of weeks or months to heal from.

And when I see this story, and it's unclear as to who the source behind it is, it doesn't seem crazy to think that the Chargers are probably pushing for their top draft pick to get back on the field and contribute as soon as he can and Bosa's camp is trying to counter that by tempering fan expectations.

I'd put money on his teammates thinking the same things here, and there's a limit to how much they're going to want to put up with..

2 hours ago, Xenos said:

Or maybe things changed? This was a weird injury to begin with. I mean Schefter just stated that he was expected to come back a week ago.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/25041186/los-angeles-chargers-star-joey-bosa-likely-make-season-debut-nov-4-seattle-seahawks

The FO and coaching staff probably felt confident that he was coming back this year, otherwise they would be putting him on IR. It's still not too late to trade for someone. The question is the price and who you can actually get. Premium passrushers are not usually given up unless you're the Oakland Raiders.

The only things that changed are what the injury is. First it's a foot injury then a bone bruise and now most are speculating it's a lisfranc injury. Either way the Chargers haven't ever been clear on that and that's what is so frustrating. Joey not being back is taking up a roster spot add that to the fact that our coach thinks it's fun carrying 2 kickers, none of which are all that good and you have 2 rosters spots being completely missused. You also have Joey's dad saying on Sirius radio that he'd be back for the Seattle game and nothing about this whole injury is as simple as some of you are making it out to be.

16 minutes ago, Classic said:

The only things that changed are what the injury is. First it's a foot injury then a bone bruise and now most are speculating it's a lisfranc injury. Either way the Chargers haven't ever been clear on that and that's what is so frustrating. Joey not being back is taking up a roster spot add that to the fact that our coach thinks it's fun carrying 2 kickers, none of which are all that good and you have 2 rosters spots being completely missused. You also have Joey's dad saying on Sirius radio that he'd be back for the Seattle game and nothing about this whole injury is as simple as some of you are making it out to be.

Most teams don't disclose detailed injury information, and for good reason.

Bosa is the one who went outside the team to get a second opinion. So, I'd suspect that may also be part of the reason for some of the confusion.

2 hours ago, Classic said:

I would stick with Bagley because he at least made all his field goal tries and XPT. Heck, we wouldn't have beaten the Titans without him being perfect. His weakness is his kickoffs, which I feel we can work around better than having someone who is inconsistent with the field goals and XPT.

Can nothing go right for this team....

He's not getting traded and I doubt he's stupid enough to not play through an injury he can play through, it's either a major injury the chargers hope he could come back from or one that he re-aggravated. 

Archived