2019 Free Agency Thread

Silver&Black88

58 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

Both White and Parker issue have been injuries.... I'm not saying give them top dollar and expect to be the man, but camp invites... who knows

Sorry bud, but these clowns are not good. Last thing we need is more injury prone nonsense. We would get more production out of AZ josh brown.

On 19/11/2018 at 8:22 AM, RaisinBran said:

I actually like our RBs at least Richard and DWash... if we are going to put a lot of money into FA then I want us to improve the OL and DL as much as we can. Carr needs that elite protection so he can be his elite self. We do need some weapons at WR now so that should be more of a priority than getting someone like Bell.

I kind of understand what you're saying here but surely we have invested in the OL? In KO, Hudson and Jackson we had and elite interior all with big contracts. We also had Penn at LT who I know could be retiring but then we also invested two high picks in bookend tackles who have had a lot of time on the field. We change the scheme and all of a sudden we need to rebuild seems very counterproductive to me, why don't we just adapt our scheme to suit the players we've already got on board and are proven commodities?

Agree with the DL though, that definitely needs a shot of adrenaline. At least 2 edge players to compete, we should be ok inside between Ellis, Hankins, Hall, Hurst and Vanderdoes.  WR's need some fresh blood too - Ateman, Bryant have some potential and Jordy still has great hands for a chain mover but Martavis can't be relied upon and we need a good target for Carr.  

9 hours ago, Gannon12 said:

Sorry bud, but these clowns are not good. Last thing we need is more injury prone nonsense. We would get more production out of AZ josh brown.

Who?

And I doubt you've watched much, if any, of Parker. He's good when he's on the field.

3 minutes ago, Rich7sena said:

Who?

And I doubt you've watched much, if any, of Parker. He's good when he's on the field.

I have and he has disappointed a lot. Even when he’s on the field. He hasn’t put it together. So there is no need to over pay a underwhelming WR

37 minutes ago, Gannon12 said:

I have and he has disappointed a lot. Even when he’s on the field. He hasn’t put it together. So there is no need to over pay a underwhelming WR

Overpay? How much do you think he’d sign for if he’s cut?

And if you have watched him then you’re wrong on your evaluation. Parker has incredible burst and quickness at his size and can make abrupt adjustments to bad throws. He can attack both the middle of the field and deep.

May main issue with is game is he can get lazy running his routes, he’s not as good as he should be in contested catch situations underneath, he doesn’t have “go get it speed,” and the obvious injry bug. Otherwise, I think he could easily put up Alshon Jeffery-like numbers.

This is how I'd target FA...

DE Preston Smith

LB Anthony Barr

S George Iloka

All for what we'd have paid to keep Mack. Smith is solid and would be good insurance before drafting a rookie pass rusher which we should do. Barr is a current system fit and should adapt to most systems. Minny has spent too much money to keep him IMO. Iloka also a fit in system and knows the D well enough to be the starter when our Dcord was in Cinci. Safties also saw weak demand so he shouldn't cost too much.

I'd then wait to see who we draft and then add through unsigned and cut players to fill needs. Would throw out fliers to see if Hankins is willing to sign a similar contract to Jelly 3 year 5 mil per. T Veldheer if he's not getting big money would be a nice bring back. Honestly I don't think we'll get any of these players without overpaying, but if the other teams don't jump on them there's a chance 3 year contracts will entice players to want to shine and get another big payday before their carerrs end. Barr and Smith I'd want 5 year deals but willing to go 3 with higher bonus money that's guaranteed.

Not sure what happened this year in Baltimore, but Alex Collins looked good for them last year. Looked tough and explosive. Not sure if it is all due to fumbles or what, but they aren’t giving him a lot of looks this year. I would bring him in if we don’t sign bell or Coleman. Would be an upgrade over the other backs on our roster. Still young with little wear and tear as well.

signing Bell would be terrible, and would show me this FO has no sense of direction. We are rebuilding. If you are going to do it the right way, you don't start your first offseason of the rebuild by signing a malcontent RB to big money. Bell is a great RB, when he plays. But we need so much more than that. That 15 per, could go a long way on the other side of the ball.

Also, Gruden has to win back this locker room, paying a guy like Bell is not going to help in that regard. Bell is a top 5 RB in the league, no doubt, but hes a terrible fit for the Raiders right now, If we were still the 12-4 Raiders we were a couple years ago, id go all in on a guy like Bell but not for Gruden's Raiders.

1 hour ago, Geezy said:

signing Bell would be terrible, and would show me this FO has no sense of direction. We are rebuilding. If you are going to do it the right way, you don't start your first offseason of the rebuild by signing a malcontent RB to big money. Bell is a great RB, when he plays. But we need so much more than that. That 15 per, could go a long way on the other side of the ball.

Also, Gruden has to win back this locker room, paying a guy like Bell is not going to help in that regard. Bell is a top 5 RB in the league, no doubt, but hes a terrible fit for the Raiders right now, If we were still the 12-4 Raiders we were a couple years ago, id go all in on a guy like Bell but not for Gruden's Raiders.

Couple things here (and I'm not pro signing Bell by any means)... the salary cap thing is so overblown. It's going to be like 190 mil this year. You can pay Bell and still focus on defense. 

As for Bell, I hate this indignant social media driven perception of the guy. He's a RB that Pitt piles carries on and wanted to get paid in a profession where injuries can end your career tomorrow. He has every right. So don't call the player a malcontent for wanting to be paid for his value. 

You said it... Bell is a top 5 RB in this league. You don't think a guy like Bell could 1) help your struggling QB 2) give your offense a shot in the arm and 3) be a player you build around for 4 or 5 years? Terrible fit? You see how many balls Richard is catching? Bell is the best pass catching RB in the league. He'd be a dynamo in ANY offense. 

Archived