WEEK 8 GB vs LAR post game discussion (L 27-29)

squire12

7 minutes ago, Malfatron said:

ah, in this case.....there is no going back.

you need to cut him.

i would be very happy if they made a statement cut now

You don't cut a guy because he made a mistake. That is fan knee jerk talk. Monty is still a nice piece who is better than what we could find on the market.

IDK if this team will be able to crawl out of their hole and make the postseason considering their remaining schedule but I do like the early returns from Gute's first draft. If he can completely revamp the OLB group this offseason like he did with the CB group then this defense will be sitting pretty.

Just now, pacman5252 said:

You don't cut a guy because he made a mistake. That is fan knee jerk talk. Monty is still a nice piece who is better than what we could find on the market.

he directly ignored orders

thats different than simply fumbling the ball

Drive killers:

Jones/Rodgers get to split the first drive.

Taylor/Linsley get to split the third drive.

McCarthy gets one for nobody being open on the fourth drive.

Rodgers gets the fifth drive for overthrowing MVS on 2nd and 12 to get it to 3rd and manageable.

6th drive: Tramon/McCarthy get one for the safety, Tramon for not fair catching it and McCarthy for stacking the box and running it into the stacked box. Rodgers is lucky to avoid one here. What the **** is the point of audible powers if you're not using them there?

7th drive: End of half

8th drive: Taylor got whipped by Donald

9th drive: Refs/Williams own it here. Williams released into a route here and Rodgers got hit by a blitzer. This was also the play Adams was egregiously held. 

12th drive: Taylor got whipped by Donald. 

+++

Lane Taylor killed 2.5 drives today. 

Rodgers with 1.5

McCarthy with 1.5

Refs with .5

T. Williams with a .5

Cory Linsley with a .5

Aaron Jones with a .5

J. Williams with a .5

1 minute ago, pacman5252 said:

If they actually were considering cutting him (which I doubt) - I think it more prudent to trading him.
If he's got not value to our roster and we're gonna cut him - give him some value and get something back for him.

1 minute ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Lane Taylor killed 2.5 drives today. 

Rodgers with 1.5

McCarthy with 1.5

Refs with .5

T. Williams with a .5

Cory Linsley with a .5

Aaron Jones with a .5

J. Williams with a .5

So who gets sacrificed on the alter of fan angst? :)

1 minute ago, Malfatron said:

he directly ignored orders

thats different than simply fumbling the ball

He's still a talented contributor.  You don't just cut solid players. 1 mental mess up isn't the end of the world. He isn't the first or last KR to take a ball out of the endzone when he wasn't supposed to. I was pissed too at Monty, but it happens.

Archived