THE QUEST FOR THE DC/OC Beginneth!

MistaBohmbastic

2 minutes ago, buckeyesNut0623 said:

Lol, I like my Ohio guys what can I say. I dont mind Freddie at all. I just dont think hes ready for the HC yet. Jmo 

I do not give a rat's patoot whether someone has OH roots.

Agree that Freddie needs more grooming, more time to grow into the HC position.

17 minutes ago, buckeyesNut0623 said:

I read the thing that blew up his job in Indy was him not having control of his staff so if it is McDaniels I would think Freddie is out. Plus I would also think that coordinators would balk at working for him since he left his last staff in the lurch. Just what's running through my head and have no sources as to whether he would have a hard time finding a staff, just saying 

McDaniels screwed over Dorsey’s friend - so if it is him- this whole thing is goin sideways and haslam is pulling the strings. 

18 minutes ago, bruceb said:

I do not give a rat's patoot whether someone has OH roots.

Agree that Freddie needs more grooming, more time to grow into the HC position.

Being from OH is not the end all be all for me either but it's a plus in my book. They should hire the best person for the job period and no matter what state he's from (other then TSUN of course..... relax JK) 

1 hour ago, MWil23 said:

I’d tell McDaniels he was my guy as the HC, and then at the introductory press conference, I’d blare DX’s music, give him a Shawn Michaels groin chop, and have Freddie Kitchens hit him over the head with a steel chair, as Dorsey raises his hand in victory as the “secret head coach” and have good old JR announce the whole thing.

Also I’m serious.

I'm 100% behind this plan. It's a shame Mean Gene Okerlund isn't around anymore to do the interview with Freddie after he vanquishes that punk.

I’d say we got Campbell and Kitchens were to stay. We all know damn well he’d most likely be gone in a year or two if he keeps having success. But let’s say we get a succession plan. What’s positional coaches would be the “ next man up “. The two names that come to mind for me are Ryan Lindley hand picked QB coach under Kitchens and Adam Henry WR coach 

2 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Other Stark Co native not interested in McDaniels interest in Browns job.

- LETSGOBROWNIES 

Am I so terrible that I don’t think Mcdaniels would be a bad option? If he isn’t GM and just coaches I think he can do it. 

And there is more to the Indy thing than meets the eye. 

20 minutes ago, bosko1616 said:

With Dorsey and Ballards relationship I highly doubt McDaniels is a serious candidate. Until further notice I’m thinking it’s Campbell, Kitchens, Colts D coordinator, Toub, and Dabo

Maybe Dorsey gets the full scoop and completely understands why the two split up. 

I still want Gregg Williams. Haven't heard anything about any candidates or any names that excite me. Gregg Williams aggressive nature and grip and rip it attitude with Baker Mayfield is a perfect match.

I am still very luke warm on Freddie. I think Baker made Freddie more so than the other way around.

If Baltimore gets bounced this weekend and the Ravens reverse course on his extension and go back their original direction and cut ties with him then I would have to seriously consider my #1 HC target. Until something like that happens Gregg is my guy.

A few things to keep in mind that I recently found out about Matt Campbell:

1.) He's been the primary play-caller this past year after Tom Manning the previous Offensive Coordinator decided to accept the Indianapolis Colts TE Coach job this past year.

2.) Before then, Campbell still called plays and Co-led offensive meetings with Tom Manning at Iowa State and similarly did so at Toledo with Jason Candle as his OC.

3.) In terms of Coaching Staff Connections, the following OCs/DCs have been Matt Campbell's head Coordinators from 2012-2018:

OCs

1.) Tom Manning (OC at ISU 2 years; Current Colts TE Coach)

2.) Jason Candle (Current Head Coach of Toledo Rockets)

DCs

1.) Jon Heacock (2016 to Present at ISU; HC at YSU from 2001-2009; KSU and Toledo DC; Brother of OSU DC Jim Heacock)

2.) Tom Matukewicz (Current Head Coach at Southeast Missouri State; Served as DC to Campbell in Toledo for 2-3 years)

-----------------------

If Campbell became Head Coach, I'd bet that Tom Manning and Jon Heacock would join the staff in some major capacity. 

Assuming Freddie Kitchens and Ken Zampese would be retained, a potential Offensive Staff could look something like:

HC Matt Campbell

OC Freddie Kitchens

QB Coach Ken Zampese (At some point people will realize that Ken Zampese has a lot to do with Baker's Development and not just Freddie Kitchens)

TE Coach & Running/Passing Game Coordinator Tom Manning

Tom Manning would then be a built-in staff redundancy in the event that Kitchens would leave for other jobs in the future

8 hours ago, Bonanza23 said:

Am I so terrible that I don’t think Mcdaniels would be a bad option? If he isn’t GM and just coaches I think he can do it. 

And there is more to the Indy thing than meets the eye. 

I can see why he’d be appealing for sure, but he’s not my cup of tea.

First, the Belichick tree.  Has anyone from that system ever been worth a damn?? I realize that every coach is different, but at some point you have to take note of the trend.

Secondly, he declined interviews before iirc.  Now, it’s his right to choose the job he wants, but personally I feel like if we weren’t worth your time a couple years ago, go pound sand now that the hard work has been done and you’re set up.

I don’t care about the Indy situation per se, but how do you get to that point? It’s a red flag for me, but not necessarily an issue on its own.

This last bit is %100 my opinion based on mostly nothing. He comes across as a power hungry ball bag.  Like every other coach from the Belichick tree, he went into Denver and was brash with the media and immediately made the point HE was in charge by pissing off a handful of vets and eventually wanting “his guys”.  We don’t need that.  We need a guy who plays well with others.  This isn’t a spot that necessarily needs a culture change.  We just need someone to take the team by the reigns and guide it.

1 minute ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I can see why he’d be appealing for sure, but he’s not my cup of tea.

First, the Belichick tree.  Has anyone from that system ever been worth a damn?? I realize that every coach is different, but at some point you have to take note of the trend.

Secondly, he declined interviews before iirc.  Now, it’s his right to choose the job he wants, but personally I feel like if we weren’t worth your time a couple years ago, go pound sand now that the hard work has been done and you’re set up.

I don’t care about the Indy situation per se, but how do you get to that point? It’s a red flag for me, but not necessarily an issue on its own.

This last bit is %100 my opinion based on mostly nothing. He comes across as a power hungry ball bag.  Like every other coach from the Belichick tree, he went into Denver and was brash with the media and immediately made the point HE was in charge by pissing off a handful of vets and eventually wanting “his guys”.  We don’t need that.  We need a guy who plays well with others.  This isn’t a spot that necessarily needs a culture change.  We just need someone to take the team by the reigns and guide it.

i do and it definitely seems like dorsey does

15 minutes ago, mistakey said:

i do and it definitely seems like dorsey does

The only reason I say I don’t care is I don’t know what actually happened.  It’s hard for me to get arsed up about something without the details.

That said, I can’t imagine too many people outside of the Colts organization who have a better chance of knowing the whole story than Dorsey.

Archived