THE QUEST FOR THE DC/OC Beginneth!

MistaBohmbastic

The one thing I like about McDaniels compared to other patriot assistants. He wasn’t always a New England lifer. At least McDaniels had time outside of New England, being with Denver and Rams. 

I think it was the scouting period last year that McDaniels visited Baker in Texas. Heard that convo got Baker to visit the Pats becuase originally thought he wouldn’t go but gave them an interview after talking to McDaniels

9 minutes ago, mistakey said:

i think we're discounting eberflus - dorseys got the inside info by being friends with ballard and ballard kept eberflus in ind, regardless of what the soon-to-be-hired reich wanted.

We could run a Tampa 2, but we NEED another LB for it to work. Jamie Collins is the antithesis of what you want out of a Tampa 2 LB.

6 minutes ago, Fatgerman said:

If it's McDaniels, there's no point in keeping Freddie. Half the allure of Josh is his offense and his playcalling. 

I agree, allow the offense coach to interview Freddie to make sure but I’m not gonna force Freddie on an offensive HC 

55 minutes ago, DawgX said:

That's one thing I do like about McDaniels. Their offense is usually very prepared for whatever defense they're facing. Even when Brady isn't lighting it up, their offense calls plays that does a good job of taking what the defense is giving them. I'm also quite confident that he'd do a good job of getting the most out of guys like Duke. They've also done well without having a legit #1 receiver for much of Brady's tenure with McDaniels.

This is what most recommends McDaniels.

Freddie doesn't have a "system", he has just been executing Haley's/Hueball's "system" better than they did.

I think Freddie is perfectly capable of executing McDaniel's system.

If it is McDaniels, he has to concentrate on being an HC and not calling plays.

41 minutes ago, buno67 said:

The one thing I like about McDaniels compared to other patriot assistants. He wasn’t always a New England lifer. At least McDaniels had time outside of New England, being with Denver and Rams. 

I think it was the scouting period last year that McDaniels visited Baker in Texas. Heard that convo got Baker to visit the Pats becuase originally thought he wouldn’t go but gave them an interview after talking to McDaniels

He was terrible those places and that’s what you like about him?

Archived