THE QUEST FOR THE DC/OC Beginneth!

MistaBohmbastic

23 minutes ago, NudeTayne said:

Would you trade him straight up for Gareon Conley? There served to be (urinal?) rumor that Gruden likes him.

From what I gather Conley hasn't shown much, but neither has peppers. 

I dont value ss all that much, corner is very important and they drop like flies generally, so yes I would trade for him. 

It would give us a number of options for the 2nd safety on 3rd downs, mitchell, carrie, BBC, we could sun out kindred who is having a disappointing year so far.

2 hours ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

A safety that can’t cover 

that has been the book about him since college. Hence why each year Michigan gave him less and less coverage responsibilities. God I wish they would have went with Budda Baker instead of Peppers  

Never understood the Peppers pick.

1 hour ago, buno67 said:

that has been the book about him since college. Hence why each year Michigan gave him less and less coverage responsibilities. God I wish they would have went with Budda Baker instead of Peppers  

We left a lot of good players on the table.

This pick was a failure, imho.

12 minutes ago, bruceb said:

Never understood the Peppers pick.

We left a lot of good players on the table.

This pick was a failure, imho.

There were quit a few good players still around, Tredaviopus Whie, or TJ What are two players doing really well we could of had. 

2 hours ago, Kiwibrown said:

There were quit a few good players still around, Tredaviopus Whie, or TJ What are two players doing really well we could of had. 

Wanted White but it doesn't matter know. Play Peppers at SLB and problem solved. He's gotten better at coverage though

8 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Peppers has improved a good bit, and is essentially still a rookie after a year of playing punt returner on all 4 downs.

I think you guys are being awfully quick to judge imo.

PFF also grades him as above average fwiw.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/nfl/players/jabrill-peppers/11780

He is not bad but it seems looked sashi took Pepper over Baker because Peppers return ability. Shouldn’t draft a starter because of ST ability because starters shouldn’t be on ST

I’d judge Peppers by year 3. He’s been a bit back and forth on defense but does have some areas he can help you. 

The biggest thing they need to do is scrap him as a returner. There are a bunch of great return men in college that don’t do in the the pros. Scrap it and have him putting all his time into D. 

28 minutes ago, buno67 said:

He is not bad but it seems looked sashi took Pepper over Baker because Peppers return ability. Shouldn’t draft a starter because of ST ability because starters shouldn’t be on ST

Idk, Antonio Brown, Patrick Peterson, Deion Sanders, Tyreek Hill, etc off the top of my head...

I like/d Peppers a lot as a box SS/ nickel Lb, enough to warrant the pick tbh.  Some, like @sdrawkcab321 say he’s a dinosaur, but I actually think he’s where the league is headed.  He’s a guy who can play all 3 downs at SS, move to FS in a pinch and play in the box in pretty much all situations.  He’s a guy who has a role in a goal line package or dime package. 

The fact that he was one of the better return men in college only added to his potential value.

I think coaching has let him down as much or more than anyone on this roster recently, short of Kizer last year.  He had no business playing that angel role, and was handed arguably the worst ST coach in the league this year.

I’d like to see him get another year under his belt playing in a role he should be and see where he’s at then.

I think worst case he ends up being an adequate starter at SS (not great, but decent) and a decent PR. While you’d hope for more out of a first rounder, getting a viable starter is hardly a bad pick or whiff.

32 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

I’d judge Peppers by year 3. He’s been a bit back and forth on defense but does have some areas he can help you. 

The biggest thing they need to do is scrap him as a returner. There are a bunch of great return men in college that don’t do in the the pros. Scrap it and have him putting all his time into D. 

I’d rather they scrap Anus Jones and see what a decent coach could get out of him.

Archived