Relationship Advice Thread

scar988

1 minute ago, Daniel said:

Disagreements, yes. Fights no.

But most people do anyway.

I literally never fight with my gf and I can't see it even happening. It's so easy not to.

We do disagree on certain aspects of our worldview but it's more of a conversation than a disagreement. Like, she doesn't think College football players should be paid, & I had to break it to her the Dabo Sweeney is actually kind of a turd who despises the idea of paying players lol

3 hours ago, Fl0nkerton said:

I literally never fight with my gf and I can't see it even happening. It's so easy not to.

We do disagree on certain aspects of our worldview but it's more of a conversation than a disagreement. Like, she doesn't think College football players should be paid, & I had to break it to her the Dabo Sweeney is actually kind of a turd who despises the idea of paying players lol

Plan a wedding and you’ll fight. Fo sho.

1 hour ago, Daniel said:

Plan a wedding and you’ll fight. Fo sho.

I've been in this process for about 8 months, and I can tell you that I think fighting during the planning process is overstated. We haven't really disagreed on too much and we have compromised on a few things. It's a give and take, but I think it depends on your personalities.

1 hour ago, Fl0nkerton said:

ah, yeah I bet.

Are you in the midst of planning or did you survive that part already?

Past it and still loving the fact that I have no wedding stuff to deal with every day.

17 minutes ago, JoshstraDaymus said:

I've been in this process for about 8 months, and I can tell you that I think fighting during the planning process is overstated. We haven't really disagreed on too much and we have compromised on a few things. It's a give and take, but I think it depends on your personalities.

And how close is it?

Because it's that last month where **** goes down and fights happen.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Daniel said:

Past it and still loving the fact that I have no wedding stuff to deal with every day.

That's good to hear. My sister is getting married in Texas and 90% of both of their families are in the midwest and I'm a walking ball of stress when anything about it even comes up.

Absolutely hated finding an airbnb for 12 people. coordinating a rental car because the wedding is an hour away from where we land, having to pay for the tux and the flights. Can't stand being the only friend that's capable of putting ish together lol

42 minutes ago, Daniel said:

And how close is it?

Because it's that last month where **** goes down and fights happen.

I've got like 8 months to go, and I have a plan of attack. My coordinators are doing all the dirty work honestly.

Was dating a girl 2.5 years. She lives about an hour from where I'm building a house. Asked her if she would ever move in with me down here. She said she wasn't sure. I first asked her about 2 months ago. For 2.5 years nothing wrong with this area at all she actually liked it. Now she can't see herself living here. We decided to take to time to focus on ourselves. She said she has no idea what she wants. Now I'm here feeling like a failure, empty and destroyed all at the same time. Did I do the right thing bringing up the future? Should I have given her more time to think?