Relationship Advice Thread

scar988

3 minutes ago, ET80 said:

I'm into Latina women, so this is expected (if you were to believe Modern Family).

Realistically - I didn't care back then, would not put too much into it now.

I was really critical of it in my youth and I let it slide for the most part now unless it’s exorbitant lol

5 minutes ago, Daniel said:

It hasn’t, but as a former English major, it probably would.

Right, that’s my predicament lol. I just don’t get how people spend their entire life speaking English without ever understanding it. I know someone that speaks 4 languages that has a better grasp on English than most of the people I know and she’s from Brazil lol

1 minute ago, Tyty said:

Right, that’s my predicament lol. I just don’t get how people spend their entire life speaking English without ever understanding it. I know someone that speaks 4 languages that has a better grasp on English than most of the people I know and she’s from Brazil lol

Sounds like you should be with her 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Tyty said:

This said, I have dated several foreign girls whose English grammar wasn’t perfect, but they were an exception. Mostly because I was on an Asian kick at the time and whatcha gonna do?

I think it’s fine to think that way, not as a superiority thing, but just as a compatibility issue. A grammar nazi and someone who doesn’t know their/there/they’re probably have a lot more deep seeded differences than just that.

Edited by Daniel
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Daniel said:

This said, I have dated several foreign girls whose English grammar wasn’t perfect, but they were an exception. Mostly because I was on an Asian kick at the time and whatcha gonna do?

I think it’s fine to think that way, not as a superiority thing, but just as a compatibility issue. A grammar nazi and someone who doesn’t know their/there/they’re probably have a lot more deep seeded differences than just that.

I try not to be a grammar Nazi, even go out of my way to sabotage my own syntax and even tell customers I’m doing good instead of doing well at work. But I was raised by a perfectionist and a slob so I’m overly critical at times but don’t want to lol. 

16 minutes ago, JoshstraDaymus said:

They say you marry someone who reminds you of your parent.

My roommates dad is dating a girl younger than my roommate.

so he trying to marry a girl that reminds him of his daughter, I suppose the girlfriend in this scenario is marrying someone who reminds her of her parent... apparently it doesn’t always work both ways 

Edited by Dome

5 hours ago, Tyty said:

Has poor grammar ever dictated how far y’all take something with someone? 

I let it affect me too much. Using their/there/they're & to / too & your / you're incorrectly in texts makes me think you're too lazy to try to correct it.

Then/than is another one. Defiantly / Definitely , lose / loose , breathe / breath , "have you ate?"

I make exceptions if anglish ain't their first language though. I thought that people writing "quite" instead of "quiet" was a rare occurrence but I've since learned that there is some sort of alternate universe people live in where they think that they mean the same thing. 

Basically, I'm an *******.