Relationship Advice Thread

scar988

1 hour ago, ET80 said:

Gretzky was right on his remark, but that doesn't mean you're firing slapshots from center ice - be a bit more reserved, set up your shot before you take it and you'll net it in no time. 

Idk man you're acting like I lost the game and I should pack it in. I'm still feeling confident to ask her on a date. Shooters shoot.

She frowned when she told me she was gonna go home and sleep after asking me if I'm dating anyone and what my plans were. There may be interest still there.

Did I take the conventional approach no that's not my style. Still think I have a chance though.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, thebestever6 said:

Idk man you're acting like I lost the game and I should pack it in.

I still kind of think that, if we're being honest. Just advocating both sides, trying to make you feel a bit better.

4 minutes ago, thebestever6 said:

I'm still feeling confident to ask her on a date.

Hmm... I'd personally let her make the first move, but do you.

5 minutes ago, thebestever6 said:

Shooters shoot.

Sure, but James Harden isn't heaving it from half court that often (or maybe he is, I really don't watch basketball).

5 minutes ago, thebestever6 said:

There may be interest still there.

Yeah, there might be - but let her show you that interest instead of you assuming it.

7 minutes ago, thebestever6 said:

Did I take the conventional approach no that's not my style. Still think I have a chance though.

Good luck is all I can give you at this point.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, thebestever6 said:

Idk man you're acting like I lost the game and I should pack it in. I'm still feeling confident to ask her on a date. Shooters shoot.

She frowned when she told me she was gonna go home and sleep after asking me if I'm dating anyone and what my plans were. There may be interest still there.

I mean, you could always go with something like this:

Her: That was strange!

You: *Laughs*, Yeah, sorry about that! I didn't mean to creep you out or anything. I just want you to know that I enjoy being around you. If you ever want to do dinner some time, I'd love to take you out. If not, that's cool, I totally understand! Just let me know.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

I mean, you could always go with something like this:

Her: That was strange!

You: *Laughs*, Yeah, sorry about that! I didn't mean to creep you out or anything. I just want you to know that I enjoy being around you. If you ever want to do dinner some time, I'd love to take you out. If not, that's cool, I totally understand! Just let me know.

That's what I'm going for lol

1 hour ago, thebestever6 said:

I’ve had this same conversation with married and single coworkers nearly every year. This is a normal conversation millions of coworkers have had around Valentine’s Day, and it means absolutely nothing. It’s a holiday and an easy topic to bring up and discuss, as it’s an experience nearly everyone has broached every year.

7 hours ago, thebestever6 said:

A few corrections she said the arrangements were strange but cute. Strange is a little better than weird. We were also cracking up yesterday at work over something. I'm getting good vibes maybe it just had to breathe.

Idk. Seems to me that she’s trying to move past it because she has to work with you. The whole “strange but cute” thing is classic de-escalation that women do in order to not turn their uncomfortableness into something more.

Even with yout personal spin on it, this all reads like she is just trying to keep this experience from being something she has to deal with daily.

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, pwny said:

I’ve had this same conversation with married and single coworkers nearly every year. This is a normal conversation millions of coworkers have had around Valentine’s Day, and it means absolutely nothing. It’s a holiday and an easy topic to bring up and discuss, as it’s an experience nearly everyone has broached every year.

Idk. Seems to me that she’s trying to move past it because she has to work with you. The whole “strange but cute” thing is classic de-escalation that women do in order to not turn their uncomfortableness into something more.

Even with yout personal spin on it, this all reads like she is just trying to keep this experience from being something she has to deal with daily.

You may be right but that's all a lot of conclusions to jump to. 

• Like 1