Relationship Advice Thread

scar988

• 4 weeks later...

So I need to vent right now...

My family and I were getting ready for some Easter pictures. My 4 year old didn’t like how tight her stockings were and was freaking out. I told her she could just wear some jeans if she wanted. My GF told our 4 yr old that if she took off her stockings that she would take back all of her gifts she got from the Easter bunny and my GF said she just wants to take pix without her (Our 4 year old) looking like an idiot. I tell her to calm down and change my daughter anyways. GF sees her in jeans and calls her a “dumba** idiot“ to her freaking face......at that point, my day is ruined. I’m done. No pictures for me. I’m trying to fight my way out of this mood I’m in right now but for the last 20 minutes I’m sitting here furious. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, holt_bruce81 said:

So I need to vent right now...

My family and I were getting ready for some Easter pictures. My 4 year old didn’t like how tight her stockings were and was freaking out. I told her she could just wear some jeans if she wanted. My GF told our 4 yr old that if she took off her stockings that she would take back all of her gifts she got from the Easter bunny and my GF said she just wants to take pix without her (Our 4 year old) looking like an idiot. I tell her to calm down and change my daughter anyways. GF sees her in jeans and calls her a “dumba** idiot“ to her freaking face......at that point, my day is ruined. I’m done. No pictures for me. I’m trying to fight my way out of this mood I’m in right now but for the last 20 minutes I’m sitting here furious. 

I’d dump the gf tbh. If I recall your post history, this isn’t an isolated incident of her general behavior. Nor should this be acceptable tbh

• Like 5

40 minutes ago, TLO said:

I’d dump the gf tbh. If I recall your post history, this isn’t an isolated incident of her general behavior. Nor should this be acceptable tbh

100% co-sign on this. I hate to say it, but your GF is a horrible person - you need to get out of that relationship ASAP for your daughters' sake.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, ET80 said:

100% co-sign on this. I hate to say it, but your GF is a horrible person - you need to get out of that relationship ASAP for your daughters' sake.

I hate to be the voice of reason but based on the wording of the post isn’t this the mother of HB’s child?

seems like maybe a tad bit of an overreaction if that’s the case

If she’s just a random side piece then 100% ya boom 

1 minute ago, mission27 said:

I hate to be the voice of reason but based on the wording of the post isn’t this the mother of HB’s child?

seems like maybe a tad bit of an overreaction if that’s the case

If she’s just a random side piece then 100% ya boom 

I think it's a side piece? Even if it isn't, a baby mama shouldn't be saying that to their kid. Taking gifts away, counting to three to ensure compliance, sure. I don't think there's any justification to call a 4 y/o a "dumb*** idiot". 

Don't get me wrong, 4 y/o traditionally are "dumb*** idiots". I say this as an owner of a 4 y/o myself, they can get incredibly annoying, 0-100 in 2.2 seconds sort of stuff. This being said, you don't tear them down like this, especially over something as trivial as what they're wearing at an Easter picture... especially given that nobody outside of the family is even going to see her in person today. 

I think my advice is in line with past stories about this GF (refuses to get a job, doesn't really do anything to help around the house, doesn't cook or clean, etc) along with insulting the kid, over essentially nothing. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, ET80 said:

I think it's a side piece? Even if it isn't, a baby mama shouldn't be saying that to their kid. Taking gifts away, counting to three to ensure compliance, sure. I don't think there's any justification to call a 4 y/o a "dumb*** idiot". 

Don't get me wrong, 4 y/o traditionally are "dumb*** idiots". I say this as an owner of a 4 y/o myself, they can get incredibly annoying, 0-100 in 2.2 seconds sort of stuff. This being said, you don't tear them down like this, especially over something as trivial as what they're wearing at an Easter picture... especially given that nobody outside of the family is even going to see her in person today. 

I think my advice is in line with past stories about this GF (refuses to get a job, doesn't really do anything to help around the house, doesn't cook or clean, etc) along with insulting the kid, over essentially nothing. 

Idk I’d have to see pics to make an informed decision 

Could probably live w all of the above if she’s at least a 9

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Not to mention taking away Easter gifts because the kid wanted to wear jeans and not some clothes that didn’t fit seems wildly absurd in the first place. 

• Like 2

Just now, TLO said:

Not to mention taking away Easter gifts because the kid wanted to wear jeans and not some clothes that didn’t fit seems wildly absurd in the first place. 

Listen if Baby Bart refuses to wear his tux id call him a miserable POS myself and be justified in doing so

5 minutes ago, mission27 said:

Listen if Baby Bart refuses to wear his tux id call him a miserable POS myself and be justified in doing so

Look if uncle TLO suggests he wears his tux, he’s gonna wear the tux. No need to escalate this further 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, mission27 said:

46 minutes ago, TLO said:

Look if uncle TLO suggests he wears his tux, he’s gonna wear the tux. No need to escalate this further 

It's all about conditioning, gents. 

On a random day, take some of the kids' clothes and drop them in a poison ivy bush. Not the clothes you want them to wear - the ones they want to wear. When you make your suggestion and they say "I wanna wear Lightning McQueen pants!" you oblige the request and boom - they're itching up a storm, and you simply say "This wouldn't have happened had you worn your slacks like I asked you..."

And like that, conditioned. I've never had to use it on my kids because my kids are as close to perfect as you can get (good genes from their mom) but the case study is valid.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ET80 said:

It's all about conditioning, gents. 

On a random day, take some of the kids' clothes and drop them in a poison ivy bush. Not the clothes you want them to wear - the ones they want to wear. When you make your suggestion and they say "I wanna wear Lightning McQueen pants!" you oblige the request and boom - they're itching up a storm, and you simply say "This wouldn't have happened had you worn your slacks like I asked you..."

And like that, conditioned. I've never had to use it on my kids because my kids are as close to perfect as you can get (good genes from their mom) but the case study is valid.

I don’t want him to do it because I told him to do it.  Obedience is for losers

I want him to do it purely from his own baller sense of smugness