Relationship Advice Thread

scar988

8 minutes ago, skywlker32 said:

Same again. Our first date was at my place and I happened to cook her favorite meal (still says my salmon is better than all but maybe 1 or two places that we've eaten).

I'm actually a very good cook myself, and boy, if I didn't use that to get women over to my place quickly every chance that I got.  I would often bring something like pickles or a dessert because I explicitly talk about cooking when I'm hitting on women, and it looks like a sweet gesture.  Then they eat it and it's good, and they are ready to come over asap.

Single dudes in this thread: elevate your kitchen game.  Nothing is more effective.  Except having a ton of money.  Or being ridiculously good looking.  But I can't help you there.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Daniel said:

Same.  In fact (she'd kill me for telling this, but yall don't know me so it's whatever), we had sex on our first date.  Because it was supposed to be a hookup.

I'll say a prayer for you tonight, you dirty sinner.

6 hours ago, Daniel said:

Single dudes in this thread: elevate your kitchen game.  Nothing is more effective. 

This is fantastic advice.

Not being able to prepare food like a grown adult is a bad look.  Women don’t want to cook for you every night, they’re not your mother.

To add to this, learn how to make a cocktail or two really well. You don’t need to go full Tom Cruise in Cocktail, but 2-3 drinks you have perfected goes a long way.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, ET80 said:

I immediately said to myself "yes, I'm going to let her shoot me down because she looks ANGRY..." and I shot my shot with a bottle of Did Equis and a shot of Patron for her (I keep it CLASSY with the ladies...)

Did equis?  Please tell me your phone autocorrected for you grandpa.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, project T.O said:

So anyone have any experience on dating/ hookups apps? Was thinking of trying something new. 

Does Tinder count?  Because I discovered that in rural areas, it's 99% robots, 1% fat single moms you knew from high school.

2 hours ago, Daniel said:

Does Tinder count?  Because I discovered that in rural areas, it's 99% robots, 1% fat single moms you knew from high school.

Damn, my area is about as rural as it gets too.

From what  I’ve heard in general tinder gives kind of crap results anyways especially for a guy. Like average guy may match once out of 100plus swipes. Guess I was hoping to hear more positives experiences from you guys. 

Edited by project T.O

5 hours ago, project T.O said:

From what  I’ve heard in general tinder gives kind of crap results anyways especially for a guy. Like average guy may match once out of 100plus swipes. Guess I was hoping to hear more positives experiences from you guys. 

My brother uses Tinder, and he lives in Nashville.  His roommate uses it much more frequently, and their experiences seem much better.

But yeah, in a rural area it suuuuuuuuucks.  Worthless.

On 6/18/2020 at 10:01 PM, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

This is fantastic advice.

Not being able to prepare food like a grown adult is a bad look.  Women don’t want to cook for you every night, they’re not your mother.

A few things here:

1. There's a joke in there somewhere about sandwiches.

2. This is actually spot on true. Plus, cooking is a lot of fun/cathartic. If nothing else, know how to handle a grill, cast iron skillet, about 3-4 standard frying pan recipes, and about the same for a crock pot. Good starting point(s) as follows:

Hamburgers, Pork Chops, fajitas, pasta (add the store bought sauce in a sauce pan before she gets there), etc.

• Like 2

On 6/18/2020 at 10:01 PM, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

To add to this, learn how to make a cocktail or two really well. You don’t need to go full Tom Cruise in Cocktail, but 2-3 drinks you have perfected goes a long way.

If nothing else, having a standard bottle of red, bottle of white, and some average to decent beer, potentially with a bottle of something in the bourbon/scotch category will at least give you the appearance of being competent/prepared for an adult dinner.

11 hours ago, project T.O said:

OkCupid used to be the best for me but they've changed it so much that its now useless.Tinder used to be pretty good as well, but in the last couple of years its gone to crap. Too many bots, or just advertising IG pages, or matches dont respond at all, or the conversation dies out after 3-4 messages. Hinge was also decent a couple of years ago, but the last time i downloaded it, i swiped left so many times that i realized maybe this isn't the app for me. And i'm not THAT picky either. Also didn't like Happn'n, POF, or Coffee Meets Bagel.

The only decent one for me is Bumble, i'd suggest that.  But be prepared; its more quality than quantity, and a lot of the time matches don't even message.  

Personally, i've gotten burned out by the apps. I wanted to try my luck in-person: speed dating, meeting women during summer activities like softball/dodgeball/volleyball/frisbee/etc. But then the pandemic hit...

• Like 1

On 6/22/2020 at 1:41 PM, 49ersfan said:

OkCupid used to be the best for me but they've changed it so much that its now useless.Tinder used to be pretty good as well, but in the last couple of years its gone to crap. Too many bots, or just advertising IG pages, or matches dont respond at all, or the conversation dies out after 3-4 messages. Hinge was also decent a couple of years ago, but the last time i downloaded it, i swiped left so many times that i realized maybe this isn't the app for me. And i'm not THAT picky either. Also didn't like Happn'n, POF, or Coffee Meets Bagel.

The only decent one for me is Bumble, i'd suggest that.  But be prepared; its more quality than quantity, and a lot of the time matches don't even message.  

Personally, i've gotten burned out by the apps. I wanted to try my luck in-person: speed dating, meeting women during summer activities like softball/dodgeball/volleyball/frisbee/etc. But then the pandemic hit...

Yeah I wasn’t quite ready for dating apps. And figured I would just get out there more this summer. Things at work we’re getting better hired some more help figured would be able to be bit more flexible with schedule. Lining up my own summer of George. Then COVID hit And the ability to meet new girls became next to impossible. 

Good news is I’ve been messaging this other girl back and fourth. Bad news is she’s also a redhead.. 😆