Relationship Advice Thread

scar988

19 minutes ago, mission27 said:

Plus I would never want my son to get the idea that a little itch below the belt should stop you

That goes against everything mission stands for 

Best post in Ff history tbh

• Like 1

Shot my shot with a chick I met years ago at a job. She got married divorced 3 years ago. Told her I'm coming over tomorrow to cook her dinner. Was told that is too intimate and she doesn't want that in her life right now. Said we could talk about how we cook food and trade food but me coming in and cooking isn't something she is up for. Went on to tell her I was into her and got left on read shoot. Oh well 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, MdTitansFan56 said:

Shot my shot with a chick I met years ago at a job. She got married divorced 3 years ago. Told her I'm coming over tomorrow to cook her dinner. Was told that is too intimate and she doesn't want that in her life right now. Said we could talk about how we cook food and trade food but me coming in and cooking isn't something she is up for. Went on to tell her I was into her and got left on read shoot. Oh well 

That's a big shot not gonna lie

• Like 3

On 4/12/2020 at 3:34 PM, holt_bruce81 said:

So I need to vent right now...

My family and I were getting ready for some Easter pictures. My 4 year old didn’t like how tight her stockings were and was freaking out. I told her she could just wear some jeans if she wanted. My GF told our 4 yr old that if she took off her stockings that she would take back all of her gifts she got from the Easter bunny and my GF said she just wants to take pix without her (Our 4 year old) looking like an idiot. I tell her to calm down and change my daughter anyways. GF sees her in jeans and calls her a “dumba** idiot“ to her freaking face......at that point, my day is ruined. I’m done. No pictures for me. I’m trying to fight my way out of this mood I’m in right now but for the last 20 minutes I’m sitting here furious. 

Be grateful she isn't the mother of you child, and dump this woman. She doesn't deserve a second chance. If my wife spoke to our son that way we'd have a problem. Luckily, I made sure to marry a woman I knew would be a good mom. You need to find a woman who will be a good stepmom. There are plenty out there.  

Edited by WizeGuy

On 4/12/2020 at 3:34 PM, holt_bruce81 said:

So I need to vent right now...

My family and I were getting ready for some Easter pictures. My 4 year old didn’t like how tight her stockings were and was freaking out. I told her she could just wear some jeans if she wanted. My GF told our 4 yr old that if she took off her stockings that she would take back all of her gifts she got from the Easter bunny and my GF said she just wants to take pix without her (Our 4 year old) looking like an idiot. I tell her to calm down and change my daughter anyways. GF sees her in jeans and calls her a “dumba** idiot“ to her freaking face......at that point, my day is ruined. I’m done. No pictures for me. I’m trying to fight my way out of this mood I’m in right now but for the last 20 minutes I’m sitting here furious. 

So what ever happened here?

eta: That little girl is your responsibility and if someone is verbally abusing them (which is what this is) it’s your responsibility to protect her.

I don’t know you or this woman, but this isn’t the type of stuff that can be swept under the rug.

Sorry you’re being put in this spot, I’m sure it sucks, but part of being a parent is making hard decisions in their best interest.

Edited by LETSGOBROWNIES
  • Like 4

11 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

So what ever happened here?

eta: That little girl is your responsibility and if someone is verbally abusing them (which is what this is) it’s your responsibility to protect her.

I don’t know you or this woman, but this isn’t the type of stuff that can be swept under the rug.

Sorry you’re being put in this spot, I’m sure it sucks, but part of being a parent is making hard decisions in their best interest.

No you're good. And thanks everyone for the advice and support, it is very much appreciated. 

I knew I would shutdown after that, it's how I deal with things like this. I need time for myself so I can get over it before I go out and start a huge fight neither of us can recover from. So I didn't talk to her for a good 24 hours to let my emotions calm down. We've been together for 6 years and we have 2 kids TOGETHER. So to just up and leave is pretty complicated.Our relationship has been very up and down throughout the 6 years. It was extremely strong in the beginning and when she got pregnant with out first kid, I don't know, things just changed. Her trust in me just wasn't there. A short backstory on me, I had two strokes when i was two years old, so my right arm is partially paralyzed. Which she was absolutely fine with and has never been embarrassed about it, even when there are times when I am. Anyways, we had our first kid and her mom had convinced her that I was not capable of taking care of my child and that I would need assistance. (It was her moms way of seeing her grandchild as much as possible.) My GF literally came to me and asked me if I wanted her mom to come over the days I was off work (scheduled with my work to be off tuesdays and wednesdays to avoid daycare costs) to help me watch my daughter. I flat out told her no, and her response has been the closest I've ever come to actually leaving her. "You need to be realistic in what you can and can't do Scott." And I'll be honest with you guys, I straight up told her to F Off. I mean you're talking to someone who was raised by a Mother who told me from an early age not to let anyone say I can't do something and someone who would put soap in my mouth if I said I couldn't do something due to my "disability." And this hurt our relationship big time. I remember going to my parents honestly crying because I was so heartbroken and telling my mom that my GF asked me "how are you going to change this babies diaper with one arm?" I was lost and it probably took almost 2 years for us to get that connection back. And then she got pregnant with our 2nd child. Nearly 4 years after our first. And she knew she made a mistake with our first and she knew she didn't want to make the same mistake with our 2nd. Instead of feeling like her 4th option (I felt like she would call her mom or her sisters about our 1st kid before she talked to me) I did feel like her number one with our 2nd child. She was treating me with respect and showing appreciation toward everything I've done and everything I'm continuing to do for our family. I mean it's not easy working 2 jobs and working 60+ hours a week. 

And then this happened, on Easter. I mean I just told her that if she ever talks to our kids that way again I'm going to leave and I will take the kids. I mean it's all I can do at this point. She knows she made a mistake and apologized for it. And we've been discussing ways she can better control her temper in situations like this. And honestly, and she'll never say this but I think her snapping at our daughter was partly because she's jealous of the relationship that we've built together. I mean when this whole thing went down...My GF had been on her phone for about an hour while my daughter and I were in our fort that me and her built watching Spiderman. Like when I get home tonight I know shes going to run to the door and want me to pick her up. And my GF just doesn't get that from our daughter and I know it upsets her and we've had multiple conversations on how to better that situation. And it's easy. Get off the phone. Like you think I want to watch Beauty and the beast or Frozen or Cinderella? No. But I'm not just turning it on and sitting with my daughter with my face buried in my phone. I'm right there watching it with her and laughing at the funny parts with her. You think I want to pick flowers outside? No! But I'm not sitting outside on my phone while my daughter picks flowers by herself, I'm walking around with her picking them too! 

• Like 8

7 hours ago, Malfatron said:

well, lets hope she doesnt find out about that :)

Haha. What sucks the most about this is she has completely ghosted me. Basically told her I like you, want to be friends with the hope of you eventually opening up and maybe giving it going to the next step in the future. Now 0 response 0 contact. Adults am I right

1 minute ago, MdTitansFan56 said:

Haha. What sucks the most about this is she has completely ghosted me. Basically told her I like you, want to be friends with the hope of you eventually opening up and maybe giving it going to the next step in the future. Now 0 response 0 contact. Adults am I right

Its only been 22 hours.

give it another day.

• Like 2