Arizona Cuts Sam Bradford

Jared Jammer

Cardinals Cut Quarterback Sam Bradford

Sam Bradford was signed in March to be the Cardinals’ starting quarterback, without knowing what could happen in the upcoming draft.

Bradford’s tenure lasted until November.

The Cardinals drafted Josh Rosen a few weeks after Bradford arrived, and when Bradford’s play couldn’t get the offense going, the Cardinals made the rookie their starter – and led to Bradford’s release Saturday, halfway through the season.

“I think it was pretty obvious why (Wilks) made it,” Bradford said last month of his benching. “Obviously I wish I would’ve played better, that’s for sure. I wish I could’ve helped this team get off to a better start.”

It means veteran Mike Glennon will be the backup to Rosen. Rookie Charles Kanoff remains on the practice squad. For now, the Cardinals have not filled Bradford’s spot on the 53-man roster.

Rest of the article at the link.

I thought they couldn't without paying him a large portion of his guarentees that they avoid by having him inactive?

Also since when does cutting a player during the season affect comp picks? That's definitely news to me......and probably shouldn't be the case. What stops  non-playoff bound teams from doing this right before their Week 17 game to all 1-year FA players?

3 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

I thought they couldn't without paying him a large portion of his guarentees that they avoid by having him inactive?

Also since when does cutting a player during the season affect comp picks? That's definitely news to me......and probably shouldn't be the case. What stops  non-playoff bound teams from doing this right before their Week 17 game to all 1-year FA players?

I can sort of understand it hurting Minnesota (dropping from a 3rd to a 4th maybe?), but to lose the pick entirely? That makes little sense.

Having Arizona gain a pick back is absolutely ridiculous. I think Sando needs to check his sources on that one.

5 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

Well doing that would only negate 1/17 of the in-season portion of the comp formula too.

I never got his hype. He had a good rookie year but people compared him to Manning or something like that back then. I could not for the life of me understand why teams kept giving him more chances. Especially this last one. I feel like everyone who pays attention to the NFL could have predicted that contract was horrible. I know Arizona had to get someone before the draft in case they couldn't land a QB but why Bradford for that kind of money? I would have gone after Keenum or Bridgewater or even McCarron or McCown or pretty much any other guy instead of Bradford for that contract. Woof.

5 minutes ago, Silver&Black88 said:

That would be the most Bills thing ever. Then again, for a cheap price, I wouldn't blame them. Anything but Peterman. Whats Cutler up to? Brandon Weeden? Anything but Peterman

What about Brucie?

71mhJq+TpjL._SL1000_.jpg

Strangely I wouldnt mind him coming back to the Rams. He is much more proven than Mannion. The oline is better so he should be well-protected. McVay is obviously a genius so he can get the very best out of Bradford. Like Bradford can be what Foles was to the Eagles last season during their Superbowl run. If something was to happen to Goff then at least we know Bradford has the experience to continue the path to a Superbowl. 

Archived