Worst Divisional Rivalry Ever

footbull3196

I choose Chargers / Seahawks.  Seattle sucked in the 70s and early 80s.  Chargers sucked in the late 80s.  Seahawks sucked in the early to mid 90s and the Chargers sucked in the late 90s and early 2000s.   All of their best matchups have been since the Seahawks went to the NFC West in 2002

2002 - Seahawks 31 Chargers 28 (Hasselbeck threw for 449 and led a 4th quarter comeback from down 28-14.  This loss knocked the Chargers out of the playoffs)

2006 - Chargers 20 Seahawks 17 (Rivers threw the game winning touchdown to Vincent Jackson with under 30 seconds left)

2010 - Seahawks 27 Chargers 20 (Leon Washngton returned 2 kicks for TDs and the Seahawks withstood Philip Rivers monster passing day)

2014 - Chargers 30 Seahawks 21 (huge upset over the defending champs keyed by 3 Rivers to Antonio Gates TDs)

looking in the modern scene i’d like to talk steelers-bengals for reasons other than entertainment

the games are entertaining because they’re often tight and gritty etc

however

it seems that lately there’s been a genuinely dangerous level of hatred there, and that is not good to see. not hatred as in the acceptable level of sporting hatred we saw back in the OLE DAYS OF FOOTBAW, i mean a genuine intent to injure or harm which is just a bad look for both teams and also for the sport of football as a whole i think 

Archived