Week 9 Post-Game: Packers 17 Patriots 31

Packer_ESP

I think McCarthy's coaching has gotten stale with this group. We need a coach that will get the best out of AR while also controlling the stuff that we don't want to see out of him. McCarthy just isn't that guy anymore. I don't think this team is far off at all I mean we are two fumbles away from possibly being 2-0 the last two weeks instead of 0-2. If we pull off one more good draft next year and fill a couple holes with quality FA I see no reason why this team can't be great again. 

2 hours ago, HyponGrey said:

I know I saw AR ignore more than a few YAC routes because he wanted a chunk play.

Yeah, definitely feels stale watching this offense play, but hard to tell if it's not just disconnect. Either way something's gotta give, and that probably means Mac gets cheesed.

If AR is ignoring the underneath stuff who is to blame for that - besides #12?

6 minutes ago, Spartacus said:

I think McCarthy's coaching has gotten stale with this group. We need a coach that will get the best out of AR while also controlling the stuff that we don't want to see out of him. McCarthy just isn't that guy anymore. I don't think this team is far off at all I mean we are two fumbles away from possibly being 2-0 the last two weeks instead of 0-2. If we pull off one more good draft next year and fill a couple holes with quality FA I see no reason why this team can't be great again. 

Did anyone catch Kurt Warner's take on NFL network pregame Sunday?  He and Mooch kind of got into it about how MM rides ARodg in a system that requires WRs to win their routes almost every play.  Warner suggested that MM scheme WR open sometimes and make it a little easier on Rodgers.  Things actually got a little heated.  MM's system is why NOBODY but Rodgers can run it.  That is why we suck so bad when Rodgers is hurt.  It is also why it takes so much time for WR and TE to acclimate. 

We like to give MM credit for reigning in Favre in his later years, but why doesn't he reign in Rodgers IF it is Aaron's fault.  That is why I think it is time for MM to move on.  His message is falling on deaf ears.  Kind of like Charlie Brown's teacher, "Blah, Blah Blah".

1 minute ago, Dubz41 said:

Did anyone catch Kurt Warner's take on NFL network pregame Sunday?  He and Mooch kind of got into it about how MM rides ARodg in a system that requires WRs to win their routes almost every play.  Warner suggested that MM scheme WR open sometimes and make it a little easier on Rodgers.  Things actually got a little heated.  MM's system is why NOBODY but Rodgers can run it.  That is why we suck so bad when Rodgers is hurt.  It is also why it takes so much time for WR and TE to acclimate. 

We like to give MM credit for reigning in Favre in his later years, but why doesn't he reign in Rodgers IF it is Aaron's fault.  That is why I think it is time for MM to move on.  His message is falling on deaf ears.  Kind of like Charlie Brown's teacher, "Blah, Blah Blah".

I'm sorry I missed that exchange between Warner and Mooch.  If MM's offense is dependent on WRs getting open and they are not whose fault is that?   For some reason our WR coaches haven't been all that great for a while now so that could be an issue and in the end that should be laid at Mac's feet.   

Tough loss again, when you have a great talent like AR we should be winning even with less talent or mediocre talent. MM and AR have issues and AR has not played well the last couple years. He's far to reliant on his greatness and as a result is accuracy, reads and steady play has declined. How much MM plays into that with our offense is not known, but getting AR on target and throwing the ball with good mechanics when he can would be on MM. Keeping AR in manageable play sets and scheming to get guys open is on MM.

MM has become far to predictable. We get in the redzone and we throw, throw, throw. Heck Al Michaels said it again last night. I believe it was along the lines of this is nothing new for the GBP when throwing to the endzone 3 times in a row. MM has forgotten more than most will ever know but clearly his scheme is a mess in consideration of this alone. We heap way to much on the Oline when we don't run the ball. There was no reason to throw the ball as many times as we did again yesterday.

My thoughts would be and it sucks is that we have no choice but to depart from him after this year. With that said a new coach could be a challenge and the D is coming around to Pettine.

I'm not sure Rodgers has as much freedom as people think he has.  He basically said a few weeks ago that he has control over 2 minute drives, but the rest was MM.  Greg Jennings backed that up in his interview with Rich Eisen the other day.  Jennings said that once Favre left MM grabbed control of the offense and has never given Rodgers the same latitude that he gave Favre.  Jennings could be wrong .. I dunno?

15 minutes ago, Dubz41 said:

I have been wondering for some time now if MM system with Rodgers has evolved to the point that even his WR's can't run it.

The discussions are always on how the receivers need to learn all of the signals, and adjust their routes the way Rodgers expects, and it seems more and more the receivers struggle with it. On top of it, Rodgers seems to only throw to wide open guys.

I feel like our red zone play is designed to get Rodgers to the TD record before he retires, so running the ball for TD's is out of the question.  I would guess I am wrong on that, but if I feel like if we would de-emphasize Rodgers a bit we might get better play and more high quality production out of him.  

Just now, {Family Ghost} said:

I'm not sure Rodgers has as much freedom as people think he has.  He basically said a few weeks ago that he has control over 2 minute drives, but the rest was MM.  Greg Jennings backed that up in his interview with Rich Eisen the other day.  Jennings said that once Favre left MM grabbed control of the offense and has never given Rodgers the same latitude that he gave Favre.

If the GBPs are running a no huddle offense - or a muddle huddle - or some version OTHER than actually huddling up for 5-10 seconds- AR needs to convey the play / positions to those around him. Davante / Cobb? Probably know it in their sleep. The rookie WR's? AJ? Less so.

Man, idk with this team. 

Does McCarthy need to go?

Has Rodgers arm weakened? Where’s the zip

Should Cobb be fazed out of this offense as the season goes on? 

Why the heck are we making SO many mistakes? Unforced most of the time too 

Offensive woes aside, defensive injuries killed us...again. New year, same story. 

11 minutes ago, Pugger said:

I'm sorry I missed that exchange between Warner and Mooch.  If MM's offense is dependent on WRs getting open and they are not whose fault is that?   For some reason our WR coaches haven't been all that great for a while now so that could be an issue and in the end that should be laid at Mac's feet.   

Gotta imagine the blame rests at the feet of all 4.

Management- This is one of the least talented WR core's we've had in a long time.  A lot of upside but with that upside comes a lot of rawness.  

Coach- Been hashed out 1000 times.  McCarthy rarely is going to scheme a WR open.  He requires a win during the one on one match up which then requires a lot of tight windows. 

QB- Rodgers hasn't played terrible but he's not playing like a god on every snap which is something that is almost a requirement this year.  This offense isn't going to consistently scoring TDs when he's playing just "very good".

Receivers- Guys like Cobb and Graham aren't winning a lot of those match ups with a lot of separation.  MVS and ESB are still extremely raw.  I like what I've seen from MVS but he should be more of a #3 or #4 option and not the #2 that is being required of him.  This offense badly misses Jordy Nelson IMO.  AR12 has always had a bad habit of holding onto the ball too long but it seems magnified x 10 this year.

26 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

I'm not sure Rodgers has as much freedom as people think he has.  He basically said a few weeks ago that he has control over 2 minute drives, but the rest was MM.  Greg Jennings backed that up in his interview with Rich Eisen the other day.  Jennings said that once Favre left MM grabbed control of the offense and has never given Rodgers the same latitude that he gave Favre.  Jennings could be wrong .. I dunno?

I like to think of Aaron as a highly intelligent qb and he has to know that if the line interior is weak, then you have to shorten the routes. McCarthy's offensive system is built upon chunk yardage with the downfield throws. Hence the problem. 

21 minutes ago, Ragnar Danneskjold said:

I have been wondering for some time now if MM system with Rodgers has evolved to the point that even his WR's can't run it.

The discussions are always on how the receivers need to learn all of the signals, and adjust their routes the way Rodgers expects, and it seems more and more the receivers struggle with it. On top of it, Rodgers seems to only throw to wide open guys.

I feel like our red zone play is designed to get Rodgers to the TD record before he retires, so running the ball for TD's is out of the question.  I would guess I am wrong on that, but if I feel like if we would de-emphasize Rodgers a bit we might get better play and more high quality production out of him.  

This to me says allot about MM. Game announcers and talking heads week in and week out note how we only throw in the RZ we won't run the ball we give no attempt to run the ball into the EZ. Makes it allot easier for a DC to game plan for us. Heck when you take out half your playbook what would you expect to happen. I would believe MM would throw it every play if he could. he abandons the run far to often either earlier or late. His idea of a run game is to run out the clock with a leads.

He can't get AR on pace quickly in a game which is also on AR. AR seems to lack killer instinct even though he does want to win. He's ok walking off the field now weather that is due to playcalling or him is to be seen. But he's often far to inaccurate early and too many 3 and outs. Again playcalling should be factored into this.

Archived