Random Ravens Thoughts: New Forum Edition

drd23

16 hours ago, RTTRUTH said:

Just curious, but after Stanley who is everybody’s favorite OL they expect to be back next year?

Zeitler. I was tough on him at the beginning but as the season went on and I watched the games multiple times, he was truly a bright spot. 

I anticipate the line looking like

Stanley, Cleveland, FA/Rookie/Mekari, Zeitler, Ju'Wuan James

Edited by baltimoreRebel
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, baltimoreRebel said:

Zeitler. I was tough on him at the beginning but as the season went on and I watched the games multiple times, he was truly a bright spot. 

I anticipate the line looking like

Stanley, Cleveland, FA/Rookie/Mekari, Zeitler, Ju'Wuan James

Juwan James has played like 3 games since the start of 2019 and he’s been just ok in his career so far 

I don’t think in any circumstance he should be an expected starter moving forward

TBH I think Tyre Phillips might be a viable option at LG or even possibly RT. I know he's had some issues playing tackle, but he also has improved quite a bit since he was drafted. He was always supposed to be a project, year 3 could be his breakout. 

I'm not really sold on Cleveland yet, he just seems a bit stiff to me.

On 2/24/2022 at 9:52 PM, AngusMcFife said:

TBH I think Tyre Phillips might be a viable option at LG or even possibly RT. I know he's had some issues playing tackle, but he also has improved quite a bit since he was drafted. He was always supposed to be a project, year 3 could be his breakout. 

I'm done with that dude. Lol

• Like 3

On 2/24/2022 at 6:52 PM, AngusMcFife said:

Cleveland has shown more in 1 year than Tyre ever has.

On 2/27/2022 at 3:14 PM, baltimoreRebel said:

I'm done with that dude. Lol

My thoughts exactly. Three had one of the worst rookie OL performances I’ve seen. Thought he might improve this season and he looked terrible, got hurt, and came back to look below average.

Could he improve? Absolutely. But what’s the trajectory of a guy who has been terrible to below average his young career? Mediocre? Maybe average? Heck best case being above average?

10 hours ago, diamondbull424 said:

My thoughts exactly. Three had one of the worst rookie OL performances I’ve seen. Thought he might improve this season and he looked terrible, got hurt, and came back to look below average.

Could he improve? Absolutely. But what’s the trajectory of a guy who has been terrible to below average his young career? Mediocre? Maybe average? Heck best case being above average?

I think best case scenario, he becomes a swing back up that steps in for injury, he shows some solid glimpses, and in 2 years some team thinks he can be a starter, they sign him and we get a mid round comp pick for him.

• Like 1

Re: Tyre Phillips, he was a raw project when he was drafted, and he's been moved around to different positions a bunch in his first two years, playing on the right side and the left. The Ravens haven't done him any favors. 

If you just watch Phillips best plays vs Ben Cleveland's best plays, Phillips looks much better. There's something about Cleveland's movement that seems off to me. He doesn't bend his upper body naturally, he just seems really stiff.

I just think if Phillips improves his consistency, his ceiling is higher than Cleveland's.  

4 minutes ago, AngusMcFife said:

Re: Tyre Phillips, he was a raw project when he was drafted, and he's been moved around to different positions a bunch in his first two years, playing on the right side and the left. The Ravens haven't done him any favors. 

If you just watch Phillips best plays vs Ben Cleveland's best plays, Phillips looks much better. There's something about Cleveland's movement that seems off to me. He doesn't bend his upper body naturally, he just seems really stiff.

I just think if Phillips improves his consistency, his ceiling is higher than Cleveland's.  

I agree. Tyre is worth holding because overwhelmingly NFL offensive lines are bad. If he can develop into “not terrible” that’s easily starting guard quality in the NFL. That would be terrific depth. 

it’s not worth cutting ties with a guy on his rookie contract at offensive line because he’s bad. “Bad” olinemen get big pay days in the NFL, because that’s how hurting that position is.

hold every warm body along the offensive line that you can, imo