How about that 2022 draft class huh?

-Hamilton: Stud

-Linderbaum: Stud

-Travis Jones: Stud

-Isaiah Likely: Stud

-Jordan Stout: Stud

-Faalele: Been very solid rotating this year, had some nice moments last year 

-Charlie Kolar: Appears to be getting more and more comfortable 

2 seasons in and that’s already 5 studs and 2 guys who look like more than solid players on this roster. That’s an A+ draft already, and anything Ojabo, JAD, and Pepe Williams can add in the next 2 seasons is just icing on the cake. 

• Like 1

I was thinking about the Linderbaum for Hollywood exchange today too. Linderbaum I would say is still not elite because at times his lack of size still shows up in being overpowered (and he's not the once in a generation outlier like Jason Kelce), but he's definitely a very good center locked up on a rookie contract. It should be clear at this point that Hollywood isn't and never was meant to be a number 1. He can be a good to very good number 2 in the right situation but can't be a focal point. 

On the offensive side, the biggest roster construction lesson of this year is emphasizing how important it is to have borderline competent aka functional receivers. Odell is a (overpaid, but still) borderline starter and so is Agholor and so is Bateman (probably). Zay is probably around the level that Hollywood Brown was at. Together with a decent receiving TE (Likely) that is enough viables threats on the field with all the attention that Lamar draws. Gawd, we wasted so many offense snaps on Seth Roberts, Willie Snead, Miles Boykin, Duvernay, Proche, Sammy Watkins, Michael Crabree... so many guys who did not and will not see meaningful action for any other team besides us.

• Like 1

Also on the topic of me throwing subtle shade at Bateman and bringing up Miles Boykin. I'm also now recalling how similar the "Miles Boykin is always open and Lamar just doesn't see/throw to him" is to the "Rashod Bateman is always open and Lamar just doesn't see/throw to him" stuff going around now.

Even I will say that Bateman has done more and is a better player than Boykin was, but I think Occam’s razor applies on why great production isn't there. 

Edited by wackywabbit

2 hours ago, Ray Reed said:

-Hamilton: Stud

-Linderbaum: Stud

-Travis Jones: Stud

-Isaiah Likely: Stud

-Faalele: Been very solid rotating this year, had some nice moments last year 

-Charlie Kolar: Appears to be getting more and more comfortable 

2 seasons in and that’s already 5 studs and 2 guys who look like more than solid players on this roster. That’s an A+ draft already, and anything Ojabo, JAD, and Pepe Williams can add in the next 2 seasons is just icing on the cake. 

Very bad year for the "EDC sucks" crowd out there.

47 minutes ago, wackywabbit said:

Also on the topic of me throwing subtle shade at Bateman and bringing up Miles Boykin. I'm also now recalling how similar the "Miles Boykin is always open and Lamar just doesn't see/throw to him" is to the "Rashod Bateman is always open and Lamar just doesn't see/throw to him" stuff going around now.

Even I will say that Bateman has done more and is a better player than Boykin was, but I think Occam’s razor applies on why great production isn't there. 

Yeah Bateman is weird in the sense that when I watch the film, the dude is a legit stud route runner but then when the ball is thrown to him it's like watching Breshad Perriman try to catch footballs lol

Kyle Hamilton should be getting more talk for the DPOY award, no pass rusher is having a truly outstanding year statistically.

Myles Garrett leading that Browns historic defense should be at the top of the voting currently, but Hamilton is also leading a historic defensive unit in his own right this season and through 15 games he has surpassed Sean Taylor’s legendary 2004 rookie season numbers IMO:

Sean Taylor (15 games)
Tackles- 78, Solos- 61, Sacks- 1, TFL- 3, FF- 2, FR- 0, INT- 4, PD- 15, TDs- 0

Kyle Hamilton (15 games)
Tackles- 81, Solos- 63, Sacks- 3, TFL- 10, FF- 1, FR- 0, INT- 4, PD- 13, TDs- 1

• Like 3

12 hours ago, diamondbull424 said:

Kyle Hamilton should be getting more talk for the DPOY award, no pass rusher is having a truly outstanding year statistically.

Myles Garrett leading that Browns historic defense should be at the top of the voting currently, but Hamilton is also leading a historic defensive unit in his own right this season and through 15 games he has surpassed Sean Taylor’s legendary 2004 rookie season numbers IMO:

Sean Taylor (15 games)
Tackles- 78, Solos- 61, Sacks- 1, TFL- 3, FF- 2, FR- 0, INT- 4, PD- 15, TDs- 0

Kyle Hamilton (15 games)
Tackles- 81, Solos- 63, Sacks- 3, TFL- 10, FF- 1, FR- 0, INT- 4, PD- 13, TDs- 1

I'm all for promoting Hamilton for All Pro but DPOY is a bridge too far for me. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, AngusMcFife said:

I'm all for promoting Hamilton for All Pro but DPOY is a bridge too far for me. 

Sure. But when you look at the historic yards/pass play this Ravens defense is at and when you consider the impact with Hamilton on and off the field towards those numbers…

And then look at how he’s surpassed Sean Taylor stats and has made an impact in all the big games…

I’m not saying he should win, but he should be in the conversation and see some votes IMO. I’d give it personally to Garrett, but if Hamilton continues to make plays as he has… idk, he deserves to be in the conversation with Garrett, Parsons, Watt, and Bosa. I’d say you can argue he’s been a top 5 defender in the league this season.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, NYCRavensFlock said:

I haven't heard Oweh's name in a game in forever. What's the deal? Just getting outplayed/outsnapped by Van Noy and Clowney?

He had sack in the 4th quarter yesterday I believe. 

I think Clowney has simply performed better and Van Noy is a lighter more versatile player who performs a different role. 

On 12/28/2023 at 2:56 PM, Ray Reed said:

Gonna disagree on that one. He had two punts from the Ravens ~40 yesterday and averaged 37 yards per punt. 

This season he is 32nd in net yards/punt.

Just now, AngusMcFife said:

Gonna disagree on that one. He had two punts from the Ravens ~40 yesterday and averaged 37 yards per punt. 

This season he is 32nd in net yards/punt.

Yesterday was his worst game for sure

And his net yards/punt is so low because he’s been consistently pinning teams inside the 20 this year unlike last year. When you’re punting from the 45 and get it down to the 8-10 that’s only a 35-40ish yard net punt

He's been much better this year than last and has had some monumental field flipping punts this year. Our ST DVOA wouldn’t be as high as it is (2nd in the league) if he wasn’t having a good year, especially not with Tucker being human this year likely impacting that DVOA