Cowboys @ Eagles

Ragnarok

1 minute ago, iknowcool said:

Maybe it is because the Panthers suck at doing it but I feel like toss plays don't work nearly enough to be called in clutch situations.

I'd go the other direction because the Rams are amazing with those toss plays. xD

Just now, RandyMossIsBoss said:

Worst SB hangover since... 1999 Broncos?

Reminds me of the 2016 Panthers, we finished 6-10 that year.  I thought the '15 Panthers and '17 Eagles were similar teams too, so it makes sense.  Eagles will be fine though, just need to draft well.

2 minutes ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

Lol, injuries sort of a big deal. Would hardly consider that team lucky.

Every team deals with injuries. In fact, the Eagles were 13th in Adjusted Games lost last year and 8th amongst Playoff Teams. Every team deals with injuries.

You can argue the team wasn't lucky all you want, but they were. Bounces went their way, 50/50 balls went their way. Sometimes calls went their way. They often made plays they had no business making. And honestly, it happens. Some of the best champions of all time are also some of the most lucky teams. So does it really matter?

Just now, jrry32 said:

There were people who weren't a fan. I didn't get it. He was the most complete ILB in years imo.

Those were people who don't get that 60% of a truly complete LB is instincts and no matter how athletic a LB is, if his instincts are sub-standard that player is always going to be capped on what they can be.  LVE has + instincts and very good athleticism.  He's basically Kuechly plus size (with marginally-lesser athleticism - just maybe needed a bit more polish than Kuechly did coming out).

2 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

There were people who weren't a fan. I didn't get it. He was the most complete ILB in years imo.

Yeah, he was a sure thing. The Bills went Edmunds hoping to hit the jackpot on his upside. He’s been really good too but overshadowed by how bad the Bills are so no one cares.

2 minutes ago, bigbadbuff23835 said:

True, and not saying that he’d have 2k but also helps when you have Jared Goff and really good receivers and scheme. You can’t just stack the box and dare Goff to kill you because he will. I don’t think anyone is scared of Dak anymore...if they ever were to begin with.

I was talking to the guy who said he would have 2k. I don't really see a point in fighting over with Gurley or Zeke is #1. People are entitled to their opinion. It just annoys me when people diminish Goff and Gurley (which I am not accusing you of doing). I guess I should get used to it. It's certainly better than me having to defend our players because they suck lol.

3 minutes ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

Worst SB hangover since... 1999 Broncos?

Very possibly. Broncos at least had the excuse of Elway retiring. 1981 Raiders, 2003 Buccaneers, and 2018 Eagles are all in the convo. Think I'd give the nod to the Eagles if they finish under .500.

Archived