2019 Free Agent Discussion

Brit Pack

Just now, packfanfb said:

What the F is happening in Green Bay right now?!

This is the first time in a long time that our needs have been addressed like this in Free Agency. This is absolutely absurd and makes me more excited for the NFL Draft as it just became less predictable for GB.

• Like 5

All these new signings are very average players. This should lead the defense back to where it was for many years: Average.

Tbh this had to be done after slipping from average to well below average in recent years.

Nothing to get excited about. Free agency has become the synonym for overpaying. At least no insane overpay, but still. Meh.

1 minute ago, TheOnlyThing said:

So Gute supposedly operates just like his predecessor, while simultaneously blowing up the roster he inherited from his predecessor.

Gute truly is a magician.

He just isn’t allergic to FA is all. When Ted started it was the right move... he didn’t evolve with the game.

Gute’s base is still draft and develop and having a value set for positions and players. He just also translates that to FAs now.

Just now, Ragnarok said:

I don't know if Turner is starter-quality, but he can play just about everywhere and would be a big time upgrade as a swing guy.

I'm guessing his contract might tell us whether he's being signed to start (at least expected) at RG. 

2 minutes ago, Fullback said:

All these new signings are very average players. This should lead the defense back to where it was for many years: Average.

Tbh this had to be done after slipping from average to well below average in recent years.

Nothing to get excited about. Free agency has become the synonym for overpaying. At least no insane overpay, but still. Meh.

star shooting GIF

• Like 3

1 minute ago, packfanfb said:

I'm guessing his contract might tell us whether he's being signed to start (at least expected) at RG. 

Agreed.  But, his ability to play RG, LG, and RT allows us to not have to be locked into OG early.  I mean, if they have a high grade on Jawaan Taylor or Andre Dillard, they could be targets at 12 to replace Bulaga, or could wait and go Ford or Lindstrom.

• Like 1