2019 Free Agent Discussion

Brit Pack

1 hour ago, Redt said:

Forget Edge in FA, give me E. Thomas 2/24 guaranteed with SB incentives, rings = highest paid safety, really think he could be as good a FA for GB as Woodson, both super intelligent playmaker's which translates as they age.

Why would earl want to sign a 2 year dea?

2 minutes ago, Kenrik said:

Especially for 12m. Hes looking for 15 apy which he probably wont get but for more than 2 years.

Didn't hear anything about him looking for 15 apy. I heard he wants to be the highest paid safety in the league and that would be anything ovet 13 apy

18 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

Why would earl want to sign a 2 year dea?

I believe Berry is the highest paid S at 13 per,  for ET 2/24 fully guaranteed with Superbowl incentives to push him above Berry. IDK 24 million fully guaranteed may be worth more than a 3 year deal not full guaranteed, I don't see a 24 million dollar signing bonus on a three year deal, do you?

6 minutes ago, Redt said:

I believe Berry is the highest paid S at 13 per,  for ET 2/24 fully guaranteed with Superbowl incentives to push him above Berry. IDK 24 million fully guaranteed may be worth more than a 3 year deal not full guaranteed, I don't see a 24 million dollar signing bonus on a three year deal, do you?

I’m asking from ET’s  Perspective. Why would a 30 on arguably his last chance to cash in sign a 2 year deal?

Edited by Arthur Penske

1 minute ago, Arthur Penske said:

I’m asking from ET’s  Perspective. Why would a 30 on arguably his last chance to cash in sign a 2 year deal?

because it may possibly be more money in the bank than a three deal that doesn't see completion

3 hours ago, Nick_gb said:

Didn't hear anything about him looking for 15 apy. I heard he wants to be the highest paid safety in the league and that would be anything ovet 13 apy

https://nfltraderumors.co/earl-thomas-reportedly-looking-for-15m-per-year/

Which is how negotiations work. I'm sure he'll settle just above 13.

Edited by Kenrik

Andy Herman:

It’s likely going to cost too much draft capital but Dee Ford is an ideal fit for GB. Obviously he has the relationship with Mike Smith but when you have the slow burn  collapse the pocket interior of Clark/Daniels, his speed off the edge would be deadly.

(Can be placed in the "T'ain't Happening" file - but thought to post it anyway) :)

• Like 1

I would prefer a much younger Landon Collins than Earl Thomas TBH. The safety's in this class showed yesterday that they have the speed to play deep such as Thornhill, Savage (my favorite) and CGJ to name a few.  One of these guys with Collin's next to them sounds really good to me. I also like the idea of Josh Jones, Landon Collins and one of these rookies on the field at the same time as well. 

Edited by moretti19

10 hours ago, Isherwood said:

“Incentives” don’t do anything for negotiations with players of Earl Thomas’s caliber. Probably not for most big name free agents 

Especially team crap like a SB incentive. Ain't nobody falling for that bull****

19 minutes ago, moretti19 said:

I would prefer a much younger Landon Collins than Earl Thomas TBH. The safety's in this class showed yesterday that they have the speed to play deep such as Thornhill, Savage (my favorite) and CGJ to name a few.  One of these guys with Collin's next to them sounds really good to me. I also like the idea of Josh Jones, Landon Collins and one of these rookies on the field at the same time as well. 

I'm surprised with how much Collins is talked about around here.