2019 Free Agent Discussion

Brit Pack

7 minutes ago, FinneasGage said:

I don't know why this Lewis signing irks me as much as it does lol. Dammit. Bring in like Stocker or Maxx or someone that can move 

I thought Stocker would be an obvious option. 

21 minutes ago, YaddaHolla said:

If the Packers has the cap space I’d take Bortles as a back up. 

I mean the OC did kind of do a mini miracle making him look like a legit QB the year they went to the AFC championship.

6 hours ago, JBURGE said:

tbh I'm sad about Kentrell. I wanted him to put it together

Me too.  I loved that he jumped right out and took the spot that looked to be reserved for Jones.  The problem was that Brice looked very good for a UDFA, but he didn't really get better.  

2 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Unless this is for a vet minimum, not a fan. For a guy who is theoretically a great blocker, he was a pretty lousy blocker last year.

This year seems to be the anomaly with his career though. Totally on board with another year for him. Like you said though, don’t think he gets much ca$h. Interested to see what the contract is. 

19 minutes ago, PossibleCabbage said:

I mean, how much is it going to cost to keep Lewis around for the install of the offense so he can help the other guys, and then cut him if he doesn't earn a roster spot?

Pretty much nothing I'm sure.

3 hours ago, Golfman said:

D-O-N-N-E-R-S-O-N! The next 7th round wonder in Green Bay! 

I for one want to give Donnerson every single chance possible to not fail.  He is a very impressive athlete.  Let's teach him to football good.  Without thinking twice, I would keep him over the more experienced Reggie Gilbert at the end of the roster.

5 hours ago, Chili said:

What a waste of money. This move doesn't make sense considering our shrinking cap space.

Why don’t we wait for the contract first? We have 3 TEs on the roster right now. If it’s for the vet minimum/ very small contract this comment will look silly.

Just now, Cadmus said:

Goodness. I hope so. 

He cost us 2.1 million last year, which is significantly above the veteran minimum. 

I actually thought it was more than that for some reason lol. 

Archived