2019 Free Agent Discussion

Brit Pack

3 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

Haha mailed it in after being named to the Pro Bowl in year 3. He still covered OK and made plays on the ball but any physicality left. Probably trying to preserve himself for what he was expecting to be a big pay day. 

If that bridge isn't burned and he came reasonably priced I'd welcome it. So long as he's not in his "not going to tackle" mode. 

Not gonna get into it, but I'd challenge that "covered OK" concept. What were his PBU numbers? I think the majority of his INTs were misfires and not the result of him attacking the ball. He did it once this year (attacked/intercepted) and it felt like somebody lost for generations suddenly appeared.

I dont trust it or him. A player will reveal himself IMO and they rarely change. Even though we're in such a sad state at the position, I'd pass.

2 minutes ago, Leader said:

Not gonna get into it, but I'd challenge that "covered OK" concept. What were his PBU numbers? I think the majority of his INTs were misfires and not the result of him attacking the ball. He did it once this year (attacked/intercepted) and it felt like somebody lost for generations suddenly appeared.

I dont trust it or him. A player will reveal himself IMO and they rarely change. Even though we're in such a sad state at the position, I'd pass.

Look at his 2nd and 3rd seasons, there was definite legit cover skills, he was an All-Pro candidate in that 3rd Pro Bowl year. The guy thought he could save himself, avoid that big career changing injury and cash in, well he kind of blew it and is only a mid tier safety now. We're not talking about someone who was bad in the community though, he still comes to WI to partake in his charity's events and interned a summer with the GBPD, he's a good dude, something didn't jive there at the end, he was obviously very anti-Damarious Randall, even with him gone it didn't change. Don't know if he was pissed about losing Darren Perry this year? Who knows. Either way, I'd take him back if he'd sign something like a 3/18 deal.

1 minute ago, Packerraymond said:

Look at his 2nd and 3rd seasons, there was definite legit cover skills, he was an All-Pro candidate in that 3rd Pro Bowl year. The guy thought he could save himself, avoid that big career changing injury and cash in, well he kind of blew it and is only a mid tier safety now. We're not talking about someone who was bad in the community though, he still comes to WI to partake in his charity's events and interned a summer with the GBPD, he's a good dude, something didn't jive there at the end, he was obviously very anti-Damarious Randall, even with him gone it didn't change. Don't know if he was pissed about losing Darren Perry this year? Who knows. Either way, I'd take him back if he'd sign something like a 3/18 deal.

Thats cool. I've nothing against the guy personally - just really skeptical of the football player. He's played soft. Avoided hits like the plague - didnt close down tight passing lanes - missed tackles cause he saw them as "business decisions" - all of which is bad instincts for a defensive football player. An offensive wants to avoid hits  (?) - fine -- run like the wind. A defensive guy that wont hit? Kinda takes the shine off the "defensive" part of things IMO.

He got in the habit of playing soft. We ditched him because of it. I didnt track his career while in WA - did he suddenly change? I bet not.

Hey - nothings up to me - but I dont like the guys instincts and (to me at least) it has a "been there / done that" feel. Could I be wrong? No doubt.

On 3/2/2019 at 8:58 AM, Outpost31 said:

I'd lol if Clinton-Dix re-signed with the Packers and completely changed his attitude under a new head coach.  I still believe you can do a lot worse than Clinton-Dix. 

You don't get 14 interceptions and 5.5 sacks in 5 years by sucking. 

While it seems unlikely and I would most likely still pass on HHCD, but what about getting Landon Collins and bringing back HHCD? New motivation with his old teammate and new head coach. Plus, he could of seen what it is like going somewhere else, especially a **** show like the Redskins and realize GB is a good place to play. 

14 minutes ago, Victor1124 said:

While it seems unlikely and I would most likely still pass on HHCD, but what about getting Landon Collins and bringing back HHCD? New motivation with his old teammate and new head coach. Plus, he could of seen what it is like going somewhere else, especially a **** show like the Redskins and realize GB is a good place to play. 

Bit of a contradicting post here wouldn't you say?

29 minutes ago, Victor1124 said:

But it is the same DC.  It looked like HaHa was phoning it in most of last season and the end of 2017.  That was Pettine's only exposure to HaHa.  If you're Pettine, do want a guy like that back?

31 minutes ago, Nick_gb said:

Bit of a contradicting post here wouldn't you say?

Lol it really was, I honestly don't want HHCD back but in a dream world, reuniting him with Collins would make him play like he did his first couple years.  

What is even more contradictory, I don't really want to spend a lot of money on Landon Collins either lol. 

11 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

But it is the same DC.  It looked like HaHa was phoning it in most of last season and the end of 2017.  That was Pettine's only exposure to HaHa.  If you're Pettine, do want a guy like that back?

That is true, I remember when Collins was coming out and always had the thought of reuniting him with HHCD; they complimented each other well. I had the imagination Collins would magically restore HaHa's motivation. I probably need to take a break from posting today lol.

18 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

Just curious about this, care to elaborate? I hadn't heard anything. 

56 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

He might actually play hard under that sort of a deal ... still doubt it.

If we’re shipping him off mid-season with no one else there it’s a contract issue. He could’ve turned it on and made money. It’s like midway through his third year he shuts it down over not having a contract after his sophomore all pro season. He spends all day looking at what he doesn’t have and forgets he still has to play to the point where he’s dirt cheap. If he gets a big deal watch every redskin fan from here to Antarctica scream about how awful he was.

Archived