Coaches on the hot seat

naptownskinsfan

2 hours ago, Texansfan713 said:

you forgot to add

-better city

-easier to go to new years 6 bowls

-better chance at getting talent recruiting

Those last 2 are still BS.

He wanted money pure and simple. Frankly I think if he just wanted money there would be other P5 scores he could have convinced to give it to him.

3 hours ago, mse326 said:

Those last 2 are still BS.

He wanted money pure and simple. Frankly I think if he just wanted money there would be other P5 scores he could have convinced to give it to him.

I have no clue why he would go to Houston.  It will be much harder to get to a NY6 bowl (they just missed out this year) more difficult to recruit in the area he will be in with the big boys, especially with Fisher at TAMU and Miles at Kansas.  Any number of Power 5 schools would've offered Holgerson more money if he had made himself available, so he must have a personal reason to be there.  

1 hour ago, naptownskinsfan said:

I have no clue why he would go to Houston.  It will be much harder to get to a NY6 bowl (they just missed out this year) more difficult to recruit in the area he will be in with the big boys, especially with Fisher at TAMU and Miles at Kansas.  Any number of Power 5 schools would've offered Holgerson more money if he had made himself available, so he must have a personal reason to be there.  

Holgorsen was completely available to anyone that would pay him. He desperately wanted the TTU job, which I thought would be a home run hire, but our AD had zero interest.

The day we announced Wells, Holgorsen thought he had a meeting with our AD in Atlanta but Hocutt cancelled on his *** lol.

7 hours ago, DalCowboyzRule said:

I’m sorry.

eh...he wont be bad here again like he was at tech.  i truly believed kingsbury didnt believe in defense.  he will get our defense to force turnovers like he did in his first stint and our offense will score points.  it didnt work at tech because of the pace of the offense tech ran and the offenses in the big 12.  he has proven to be a good DC at Auburn and Houston.

2 hours ago, thrILL! said:

i wanted to see the Lane Train at the U.  

That could have been epic. Lane could've found himself in Shawn Kemp, Antonio Cromarite, Willis McGahee territory without ol' Nevin Shapiro there to pay for abortions anymore.

Archived