Rams vs Chiefs @ Mexico City/MNF (Super Bowll LIII Preview?)

RamPackFan

7 hours ago, Car_Ramrod said:

This game was absolutely insane. I'm glad the rams pulled it off at the end. The defense for the amount of points they gave up made some big plays when it all mattered.

A couple complaints though.

1. McVay was way too aggressive with play calling on our last series to give the chiefs the ball back. Throwing it with the lead should have cost us the game.

2. We didn't utilize Gurley enough what so ever. When we had that brief 10 point lead we should have the ball with him. I don't like when McVay gets too pass happy like that.

Great team win. Players mad big plays when it mattered.

Im not going to ever complain about McVay being too aggressive. Plus he trust in the defense. When Goff hit Everett for that big td to take the lead, my friend texted me saying that is going to cost the Rams the game. I told him the Rams have the best closer in the NFL in AD so I trust him to come through. Mahomes threw the interceptions. Yes the Rams drive was bad but again McVay trust the defense to make the stop and they did it again by intercepting Mahomes again. 

I wouldve liked Gurley to be used more but the Chiefs was selling out on the run so hard and he just didnt get going. Plus Goff was having so much success that why abandon what was was working? Gurley is going to get back on track Week 13. This was like a mini BYE before the real BYE next week. Brown was on the field more tonight too so again Im not worried at all about Gurley not being big tonight.

11 minutes ago, Car_Ramrod said:

This game was absolutely insane. I'm glad the rams pulled it off at the end. The defense for the amount of points they gave up made some big plays when it all mattered.

A couple complaints though.

1. McVay was way too aggressive with play calling on our last series to give the chiefs the ball back. Throwing it with the lead should have cost us the game.

2. We didn't utilize Gurley enough what so ever. When we had that brief 10 point lead we should have the ball with him. I don't like when McVay gets too pass happy like that.

Great team win. Players mad big plays when it mattered.

A few reasons why:

1. I believe Gurley suffered a mild injury when he got rolled up on early in the game. He was healthy enough to play, but he wasn't normal Todd. 

2. The Chiefs were playing a heavy front to take away the run. They wanted us to pass, so we obliged.

3. I agree he was too aggressive, but I understand his thinking. It's unlikely we could overpower them, and he didn't want to punt the ball back to them.

9 hours ago, RamRod said:

So maybe the loss of Kupp won’t be so bad. Reynolds looked solid and Everett finally looks to be breaking out.

Obviously the loss sucks, he is a great Slot receiver, and he was the safety blanket for both Goff and McVay.

BUT... it might be a blessing in disguise to get both of these guys to grow, expand the offense and start using Reynolds, Higbee and Everett. Which could make this offense even deadlier than it was before.

18 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

Obviously the loss sucks, he is a great Slot receiver, and he was the safety blanket for both Goff and McVay.

BUT... it might be a blessing in disguise to get both of these guys to grow, expand the offense and start using Reynolds, Higbee and Everett. Which could make this offense even deadlier than it was before.

Yup. The talent with them is obvious, the opportunity just hasn’t been there until now.

11 hours ago, jrry32 said:

A few reasons why:

1. I believe Gurley suffered a mild injury when he got rolled up on early in the game. He was healthy enough to play, but he wasn't normal Todd. 

2. The Chiefs were playing a heavy front to take away the run. They wanted us to pass, so we obliged.

3. I agree he was too aggressive, but I understand his thinking. It's unlikely we could overpower them, and he didn't want to punt the ball back to them.

Didn't see or realize gurley was a little banged up. It was good to see Evertt/Higbee be heavily involved and make a big impact.

1 hour ago, Car_Ramrod said:

Didn't see or realize gurley was a little banged up. It was good to see Evertt/Higbee be heavily involved and make a big impact.

To me he almost look sick. He was not the same Gurley. He wasn't getting hyped after big runs, his eyes just looked tired. Even look at his postgame on the Rams twitter. He just seemed like he wasn't having it. Not his normal self whatsoever. Kind of how I am when I'm sick. Just a theory.

Archived