TNF GDT: Green Bay Packers at Seattle Seahawks

Malfatron

4 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

I don't think McCarthy is a bad coach, but there's no excuse for not making the playoffs when you have Rodgers. It might be time for fresh blood.

It takes more than a quarterback to have sustained success in the NFL.  There was a time when they could get by like that when the rest of the division was struggling, but that is far from the case any more. 

2 minutes ago, Pool said:

They're not going to beat Chicago, Atlanta, and MN. I just do not see that happening. Especially if Clark and Daniels miss some games.

I would bet Minnesota pulls through next week. They can beat 2/3.

2 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

It takes more than a quarterback to have sustained success in the NFL.  There was a time when they could get by like that when the rest of the division was struggling, but that is far from the case any more. 

They have much more than just a QB.

3 minutes ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

>Chiefs. 9-1, best offense in football.

"Hmmm I don't know, it's Andy Reid Chiefs they always collapse, or they did that one time... I need to see more before I buy in"

>Packers: 4-5-1

"They'll be fine, still have Rodgers. Not worried about them missing playoffs."

The Chiefs have collapsed more than once.

Just now, MD4L said:

I would bet Minnesota pulls through next week. They can beat 2/3.

I would not put that past them. At all. But I don't think 2 out of 3 will be good enough to a) win the division or b) snag a wildcard spot. 

5 minutes ago, JustAnotherFan said:

10-6-1 s still attainable. This game don't decide much in terms of the division. All 3 teams are still very much in it.

9-6-1 is still attainable, the problem is 2 fold.  First looking at the schedules, it's not very likely that Bears or Vikings are going to win less than 9 games.  The other hard part is that to get to 9-6-1, they have to win 2/3 against teams that are just flat out better.  If you removed the QBs from the equation no one would even give GB a second thought against those 3 teams, and 2 of those games are on the road.  And that's just to "maybe" have a chance at the playoffs, the reality is, and the Packers know it, they have to win out to make the playoffs.  

6 minutes ago, Pool said:

I would not put that past them. At all. But I don't think 2 out of 3 will be good enough to a) win the division or b) snag a wildcard spot. 

Your not winning the wildcard with 9 wins.  And I'd say it's highly unlikely to win this division with 9 games.  They have to run the table and with 2 divisional games on the road against superior opponents, and 1 home game against a superior opponent, plus you never know what Detroit or AZ team you may get, I just cant see them running the table here at all

10 minutes ago, Pool said:

I would agree with an assessment saying they’re done in the NFC North.

Archived