TNF GDT: Green Bay Packers at Seattle Seahawks

Malfatron

44 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Does anyone remember that thread preseason were someone made a case this was the strongest packers team ever? That they could win 14+ games, easily

I member. 

Surely do. Also remember being told they’re vastly more talented than the Bears. Lol.

9 minutes ago, malak1 said:

Surely do. Also remember being told they’re vastly more talented than the Bears. Lol.

Those threads dont normally stick out to me, I read them and move on. For some reason that one stood out. I think it was because the things he was saying:

"the packers have NO weaknesses"

yeah buddy, that wont come back to bite you in the arse.

EDIT - apparently he said few weaknesses. point still stands.

53 minutes ago, CKS97 said:

Imagine Aaron Rodgers with an actual NFL coach

I can't imagine this being any less than the #1 focus in the offseason. McCarthy needs to go, like yesterday. Hire someone like DeFilippo, keep Pettine, and add some talent in the offseason to shore up the weak spots.

What's their cap room look like? They've got 2 1sts next year as well. Could easily retool with a fresh offensive-minded HC and compete for the division again next year.

2 hours ago, rich homie said:

I can only imagine being a Packers fan right now. Few things worse than when a team loses out of sheer stupidity and mismanagement rather than anything the other team does well.

This has been a theme of our all season long.  We can find more damn ways to lose games.   Most Packers fans have had enough of McCarthy.  His game management stinks and doesn't know how to put his players in the best possible position to be successful.  Isn't the definition of insanity doing the same things over and over and expect a different result?

13 minutes ago, Pugger said:

This has been a theme of our all season long.  We can find more damn ways to lose games.   Most Packers fans have had enough of McCarthy.  His game management stinks and doesn't know how to put his players in the best possible position to be successful.  Isn't the definition of insanity doing the same things over and over and expect a different result?

Why did McCarthy take a TO after Seattles 10 second run off at the end of the first half? you havent practiced the prevent defense enough to be able to call it with one hand signal, that you have to call a TO to tell your defense how to line up? It made no sense. Seattle wouldnt have had any time and your edge rushers could have jumped the snap count at 1. Such a silly move that shows how clueless the guy really is. 

I remember when you hired him. He was the niners OC and we were ranked 32nd in the NFL in offense. I couldnt believe it. Granted that was one of the worst rosters ever assembled in the NFL, but still. Felt weird at the time and that was 2003.

I think the packers team wants him gone at this point. Rodgers certainly does. 

8 minutes ago, N4L said:

Why did McCarthy take a TO after Seattles 10 second run off at the end of the first half? you havent practiced the prevent defense enough to be able to call it with one hand signal, that you have to call a TO to tell your defense how to line up? It made no sense. Seattle wouldnt have had any time and your edge rushers could have jumped the snap count at 1. Such a silly move that shows how clueless the guy really is. 

I remember when you hired him. He was the niners OC and we were ranked 32nd in the NFL in offense. I couldnt believe it. Granted that was one of the worst rosters ever assembled in the NFL, but still. Felt weird at the time and that was 2003.

I think the packers team wants him gone at this point. Rodgers certainly does. 

You mean 2006. McCarthy was hired in 2006. 

7 hours ago, Classic said:

I've never seen Rodgers look so demoralized. Like he knows not thinks that this team has no shot at the playoffs.

It’s not that they have no shot. It’s that’s his reward for possibly putting his team on his back fornthe bavk half of the season is the right to go against the Rams, Saints, Panthers, Redskins etc on the road for the right to play either Mahomes/Reid or Brady/Belichick.

He knows the score 

Archived