2019 Free Agent Pool

DaBoys

40 minutes ago, D82 said:

I'm not against re-signing Irving. It isn't going to cost a lot to do it. That said, it wouldn't prevent me from adding talent at the position. 

But if he isn't showing up to practices, and skipping meetings then he is disrespecting the coaches and organization. We exercised plenty of patience with RG but to my knowledge he never deliberately skipped practices and meetings or had trouble showing up anytime he was allowed to show up.

The good news about Irving is that by not getting on the field in a contract year he’s not driving up his value.  And he’s not in a position to demand guaranteed money.  When he plays he’s the the most talented DL we have.  But nobody can actually trust him to play.  I see a 1-2 year deal in his future for under $10m a year.  

8 minutes ago, The_Slamman said:

The good news about Irving is that by not getting on the field in a contract year he’s not driving up his value.  And he’s not in a position to demand guaranteed money.  When he plays he’s the the most talented DL we have.  But nobody can actually trust him to play.  I see a 1-2 year deal in his future for under $10m a year.  

Man I hopes its more like <$5m/yr

On 11/28/2018 at 2:29 PM, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

So frustrating. If the guy could have held it together, he's an $18 mil a year talent. Such a waste.

Irving can definitely play but he has so many issues there is no way you can give him a big long term contract 

7 hours ago, Calvert28 said:

If we don't draft another QB I want to sign one this offseason like maybe Tannehil or someone. Nice insurance policy.

My friend is a huge Dolphins fan and we talk football a lot . Trust me we want nothing to do with Tannehill. 

You know damn well this team isn't going to sign real competition at QB. They have the franchise QB in place in their minds and just spent a 5th on a QB last year. They aren't going to create drama by signing Flacco, Tyrod, or Tanny.

6 hours ago, DaBoys said:

You know damn well this team isn't going to sign real competition at QB. They have the franchise QB in place in their minds and just spent a 5th on a QB last year. They aren't going to create drama by signing Flacco, Tyrod, or Tanny.

Yeah, exactly. 

While a vet QB would be nice, I'd rather bring in an OC/QB coach who has proven to be a QB developer. 

Archived