Growing sense Packers move on from Mike McCarthy End of Season

Nick_gb

16 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Well the answer certainly isn’t get rid of Rodgers. I feel GB fans are so spoiled at even entertaining such an idea.

There is only a tiny vocal minority entertaining this stupid notion.   Yes, a lot of younger GB fans are spoiled.  I started cheering for GB back in the 70s and 80s when we were truly dreadful so I really appreciate the great QB play we've been blessed with for 25+ years.  I keep telling them QBs like Rodgers don't grow on trees.

4 hours ago, SteelKing728 said:

They'll probably win just enough to waste another season with him next year.

Nah, but for their own good, they should lose to Minnesota this week. 

Yes, if we lose and miss the playoffs perhaps we'll be able to draft higher like MN has to accumulate the roster they have today before Rodgers retires.  Wouldn't that be fun for Vikings fans?  ;)

2 minutes ago, Pugger said:

Yes, if we lose and miss the playoffs perhaps we'll be able to draft higher like MN has to accumulate the roster they have today before Rodgers retires.  Wouldn't that be fun for Vikings fans?  ;)

Not many of the Vikings stars are high first round picks. I guess Wayne's and Barr were both in the top 15 but other than that...

8 minutes ago, vikesfan89 said:

Not many of the Vikings stars are high first round picks. I guess Wayne's and Barr were both in the top 15 but other than that...

No but I do remember the Vikes turning a top 10 pick into 3 first round picks, one of which was Rhodes.  Cant deny that defense was built with really good 1st round picks, thanks to the TJax and Christian Ponder years.

23 minutes ago, vikesfan89 said:

Not getting into a *** for tat about it but last year the GBPs were slotted to draft at #14 - the highest they've been in a dogs age.
So barring trades or transactions, they've been drafting the bottom feeders of each round for a long time. That can have a cumulative effect. Then if you "miss" with your talent evaluations?

31 minutes ago, vikesfan89 said:

If you go back through NFL history, you see teams with a 2-3 year run of strong drafting and then it tails off drastically.  Most teams don't draft well over an extended period.  It seems like just yesterday we were talking about the Seahawks as a potential dynasty.  From 2010-2012, they drafted Russell Okung, Earl Thomas, Golden Tate, Kam Chancellor, KJ Wright, Richard Sherman, Byron Maxwell, Bruce Irvin, Bobby Wagner, and Russell Wilson.  All of these guys played a significant role in winning a Super Bowl for Seattle.

1 hour ago, Superman(DH23) said:

No but I do remember the Vikes turning a top 10 pick into 3 first round picks, one of which was Rhodes.  Cant deny that defense was built with really good 1st round picks, thanks to the TJax and Christian Ponder years.

We got Rhodes from the Percy Harvin trade. But yeah i guess a high 2nd helped get the 3rd. Not like the other 2 draft picks did much

7 hours ago, Pugger said:

Yeah, but we haven't had a great draft pick slot since like 2015...and we took Trae Waynes over Marcus Peters.

Feel pretty confident in saying most GB fans would be happy to move on at this point.  However, I'm a realist so I don't assume that a change gives us a better chance to win moving forward.

Watching a team continuously lose close games feels like a leadership issue, although the more informed fans understand the roster had/has holes and needed a lot of upgrades.  It's young and it's got some talent and we've played some very tough games against a crazy tough schedule the last few weeks.

And of course that leadership issue may start with the coach, but on offense Rodgers can be as frustrated as he wants with the game plan or injuries or whatever, but tonight Brees threw 4 TD's to four un-drafted players.  

Gun to my head at this point in Rodgers career I would stick with McCarthy.  Everyone is on the Saints bandwagon and as has been pointed out they went through some tough times. Another strong draft/free agency period could easily put us back in the mix as a serious contender. 

23 hours ago, vikesfan89 said:

Bu when you are drafting high you are drafting higher in every subsequent round and that can be significant.

Archived