SNF: Purple People Eaters @ the Monsters of the Midway

riceman80

11 minutes ago, Gannon12 said:

Whaaaaaaaat?!?!?

whaaaaaaat_family_guy.gif

Hey, don't shoot the messenger. That was my reaction too. Ask these guys for the reasoning......

@Outpost31 and @megatechpc

@Outpost31

Mack is not a guarantee.  Just as easily as those first round picks could bust, Mack could get hurt.  Just as easily as those first round picks could bust, Mack could get content with 60 million dollars in fully guaranteed money. 

I just don't see all the massive praise for Mack to be perfectly honest. 

I think the real winners of this trade are the Raiders, Broncos and Chiefs. 

Mack's sack breakdown against teams over the past three years. 

Denver - 10
Chiefs - 5.5
Cleveland, Tampa Bay, NYJ, Tennessee, Dallas - 2
Chicago, Minnesota, Green Bay, Baltimore, Jacksonville, Houston, Carolina, Buffalo, Washington, New England, NYG - 1

AKA the new "he sucks because he might get injured". And "only gets sacks against the Broncos".

I wish I could find the thread about the other guy who also fought tooth and nail to call him overrated. 

5 minutes ago, JustAnotherFan said:

Hey, don't shoot the messenger. That was my reaction too. Ask these guys for the reasoning......

@Outpost31

AKA the new "he sucks because he might get injured". And "only gets sacks against the Broncos".

I wish I could find the thread about the other guy who also fought tooth and nail to call him overrated. 

That guy is a clown, though.

1 hour ago, JustAnotherFan said:

@Outpost31

Yeah, I still think paying Mack QB money and investing two picks in him was a mistake.  @ me again in three years and we'll see how it works out.

9 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Yeah, I still think paying Mack QB money and investing two picks in him was a mistake.  @ me again in three years and we'll see how it works out.

The flaw in your argument wasn't because you thought it was a bad trade but the reasoning behind that thought was.

As a Bears fan, I didn't agree with the trade either but it certainly wasn't because I thought Mack was overrated because he could get injured. 

4 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

Except we dont have to pay our qb, QB money until 2021 at the earliest, and by that point, Mack's big cap numbers are off the books.  Basically we are paying Mack like a qb, until we have to pay.our actual QB. Its pretty genious cap management if you ask me.  The even better thing is apparently getting Mack from the raiders was the Bears plan all off season.  This started in February.

2 hours ago, CP3MVP said:

The Vikings fall off isn’t cousins fault but he will get the blame because of the contract and the fact Case had them in the nfc title game last year 

Dumb turnovers are to blame and the Vikings can't seem to overcome them. Cousins is very much to blame for those turnovers, and it seems like a ball carrier fumbles on a weekly basis. The Vikes were so dominant last year because they didn't turn the ball over. I don't think Keenum's style of turnover free football was sustainable and we didn't have Cook last year to cough up the ball every other game. 

7 hours ago, JustAnotherFan said:

Mack was overrated because he could get injured. 

I never actually said that though.  The argument I was having was in the Packer subforum, and people were saying Mack was a guarantee when the draft picks were unknown.  I never said nor inferred that Mack was overrated because he could get injured.  I suggested a lot of things could happen with/to Mack that made him a non-guarantee.  I was generalizing things that happen to players that make them not worth what they once were.  It's completely different from the "overrated because he might get injured" argument.  The person literally said that about Adrian Peterson.  I said Mack wasn't a guarantee because of the things that could happen.  Injury, lack of motivation, aging prematurely...

I hope you're capable of understanding the difference and seeing the point I was trying to make in context of the argument.  That point being Mack was not a guarantee, just like two first round picks weren't a guarantee. 

30 minutes ago, Malfatron said:

yep, i agree especially since we both tied and the winner will own the tiebreaker 

Packers pretty much have to run the table to make the playoffs IMO.  Sorry but I don't see that happening.

Archived