How good is Jared Goff?

jrry32

1 minute ago, eagles18 said:

The golf bet was dumb is what I meant. Malcolm Jenkins a former CB and one of the top safeties in the league so the matchup wasn't a bad one. The team was already defeated when that play happened. Sean Payton is a prick and he'll get his. 

I think it’s all part of what Payton is selling to this team though. It’s just hard for me to argue with the results. I get that it’s petty, but the team is eating it up and feasting on the hate/hype dynamic. It’s working.

Just now, Buckweath said:

Some people are still sleeping on Mahomes. You guys need to see more? You will see more.

That guy is maybe the next big thing.

He has more talent than any you can name.

And he will give you a fight, against any team, even despite multiple turnovers.

I think he has some serious accuracy issues. Its easy to put up big numbers with the best TE, fastest (top 10) receiver, and top 5 running back.. What happens when injuries take over or contracts need to be signed? We'll see how he does with less talent around him and we'll re visit this discussion.

Just now, eagles18 said:

What happens when injuries take over or contracts need to be signed? We'll see how he does with less talent around him and we'll re visit this discussion.

You can’t say the same for Goff? 

Just now, Dome said:

You can’t say the same for Goff? 

Goff is more accurate than Mahomes and sits in the pocket dissecting... He has a better shot IMO with less talent. These young Qbs are gonna get paid a lot soon and the teams are not gonna be able to afford all these top guys so we'll see what they're made of in the next couple years. 

14 minutes ago, Dome said:

I think Goff is the #2 young behind Mahomes. Its close, but gimme Mahomes. They both have excellent weapons and playcallers.

and it seems like you do care, considering you just said making a thread to pimp your own guys is weak and now you’re here defending him. ;)

The thread is made. I must defend his honor. 

10 minutes ago, Dome said:

Fair enough. I wouldn’t scoff at any of those guys. Still gimme Mahomes if I get 1st choice at any QB moving forward.

I understand why a lot of people would pick Mahomes. He's a lot of fun to watch. It's like Aaron Rodgers vs. Brady. I wouldn't blame anyone for taking Rodgers. That all said, I do prefer Goff. I think his game will age extremely well, and I don't think he's near his ceiling yet. In terms of mental acuity and accuracy, he's the most gifted QB I've evaluated. And his play in the NFL is only reinforcing my conclusions there.

9 minutes ago, Dome said:

No, what’s dumb is putting Malcolm Jenkins on an island with Kamara when the saints are going for it in the most dbaggy way possible.

What Payton did could be classless, but not dumb. It worked 

If they aren't stopping it, go for it. It's football. The funny thing is that the winning TD in the Rams-Chiefs game looked a lot like that play, except it was a TE instead of a HB against the safety.

6 minutes ago, rocky_rams said:

Goff is the next Peyton Manning/Brady! Plus he can rush for TDs. Goff > Mahomes/Wentz

Personally, I'm taking Wentz over any QB in the NFL. I may be biased but the dude is a stud... I wish we had Frank Reich back, he knew how to run a offense.

69.5% completion rate  2,304 Yards 7.6 YPA 288.0 YPG 15 TD 6 INT - two games missed. Could easily have 20+ TDs if he played the first 2 games against ATL and TB

Sunday he tried to do way too much and got 3 picks off dumb throws

1 minute ago, jrry32 said:

I understand why a lot of people would pick Mahomes. He's a lot of fun to watch. It's like Aaron Rodgers vs. Brady. I wouldn't blame anyone for taking Rodgers. That all said, I do prefer Goff. I think his game will age extremely well, and I don't think he's near his ceiling yet. In terms of mental acuity and accuracy, he's the most gifted QB I've evaluated. And his play in the NFL is only reinforcing my conclusions there.

If they aren't stopping it, go for it. It's football. The funny thing is that the winning TD in the Rams-Chiefs game looked a lot like that play, except it was a TE instead of a HB against the safety.

It was the play Shanahan has been running with Kittle. Think we ran some sort of variation with Kupp against the Vikings. 

1 minute ago, eagles18 said:

Personally, I'm taking Wentz over any QB in the NFL. I may be biased but the dude is a stud... I wish we had Frank Reich back, he knew how to run a offense.

69.5% completion rate  2,304 Yards 7.6 YPA 288.0 YPG 15 TD 6 INT - two games missed. Could easily have 20+ TDs if he played the first 2 games against ATL and TB

Yeah. Wentz is special as heck. 

I think it's definitely hard to rank the young QBs. 

McVay is clearly better than Doug Pederson as an offensive mind. I thought that maybe Pederson was in the same ballpark last year, but there have been numerous times this year where I've just been dumbfounded with his playcalling.

Archived