How good is Jared Goff?

jrry32

12 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

If the Bears are in our path, so be it. McVay takes it very personally when he's made to look the fool and gets even in the next game. Plus, playing in LA without the crowd noise and cold will make it a very different environment. There are a lot of tough teams in the NFC. We're going to have to beat two or three to make the Super Bowl. 

Oh  I get it, and ik that it's tough to beat any team twice in a season.  But I take offense to somebody saying they want the Bears D in the playoffs.  That kid also guaranteed the Rams would score 30 on that defense last night.  He said 12 wins was the Rams worst case scenario before the seasons.  He needs some football humility.  My team can play with anybody, but I dont want to go to the dome.  Aaron Rodgers probably stopped my team from winning a SuperBowl and has killed my season too many.times for me to write off that as a win.  Just.some football humility us.what I'm looking for here.

29 minutes ago, Superman(DH23) said:

You really dont want to see this Bears D in the playoffs, whether it's in Chicago or LA.  Nobody does.  Of course I dont want to go to the Dome and face the Saints, but the Bears are gonna have a punchers chance there.  The saying "Defense wins Championships" is earned.  Pass D especially.  The Bears punish the QB and they take the ball away.  3 of the 4 losses the Bears had this year were all bc the D missed tackles allowing big plays late in the game.  If the D doesnt do that, it's a wrap.  There is no weakness on this defense. They have the best pass rusher in the game, the best overall interior presence, one of if not the best outside cb, the best nb, the best safety, and the ILBs are either #1 or #2.  They are going to have 4 maybe 5 all pros at the end of the year.  Wishing for this defense IN THE PLAYOFFS  of all things, is folly

I get where you are coming from with the Bears but Goff and this offense is a different animal at home. Goff is scary good at home. You can say all you want about the Bears defense but we saw this movie before last season with the Vikings. That same Vikings defense that held the Rams to just 7pts in Minnesota last season, came to LA this season and gave up 37pts and Goff had his best game of his career. It was so bad Zimmer didnt have any answers. Plus I agree with @jrry32 McVay takes it personal. When the Seahawks held the Rams in check Week 5 last season in LA, what happened when they faced them again Week 15? The Rams went to Seattle and hung 42pts on them and won in a blowout. I just mentioned about the playing Zimmer and the Vikings in 2017 in Minnesota when their defense shutdown the Rams offense. This season the Vikings couldnt stop the Rams offense. So as great as the Bears defense is, you think playing McVay for the 2nd time and this time being in LA that the Bears are going to have a repeat performance? I dont think so. They wont hold the Rams out of the endzone, McVay isnt going to abandon the run again like he did for some weird reason last night. Goff isnt going to be in the cold so him and the offense is going to operate better. Plus I still dont know if I can trust Trubisky. I understand he was just coming back from injury but if he throws 3 interceptions and pass for 110yds on the road, the Rams are going to win by at least 10pts. Thats not saying the Bears arent to be taken seriously, but I view them like I view the Cowboys, I dont trust Dak or Trubisky, they had the perfect storm playing at home and able to shutdown the Rams and Saints great offense. If the game is in LA or in New Orleans, the defense isnt going to shut them down again and I dont trust Dak or Trubisky on the road to make enough plays to keep up with the Rams and Saints. 

1 minute ago, stl4life07 said:

I get where you are coming from with the Bears but Goff and this offense is a different animal at home. Goff is scary good at home. You can say all you want about the Bears defense but we saw this movie before last season with the Vikings. That same Vikings defense that held the Rams to just 7pts in Minnesota last season, came to LA this season and gave up 37pts and Goff had his best game of his career. It was so bad Zimmer didnt have any answers. Plus I agree with @jrry32 McVay takes it personal. When the Seahawks held the Rams in check Week 5 last season in LA, what happened when they faced them again Week 15? The Rams went to Seattle and hung 42pts on them and won in a blowout. I just mentioned about the playing Zimmer and the Vikings in 2017 in Minnesota when their defense shutdown the Rams offense. This season the Vikings couldnt stop the Rams offense. So as great as the Bears defense is, you think playing McVay for the 2nd time and this time being in LA that the Bears are going to have a repeat performance? I dont think so. They wont hold the Rams out of the endzone, McVay isnt going to abandon the run again like he did for some weird reason last night. Goff isnt going to be in the cold so him and the offense is going to operate better. Plus I still dont know if I can trust Trubisky. I understand he was just coming back from injury but if he throws 3 interceptions and pass for 110yds on the road, the Rams are going to win by at least 10pts. Thats not saying the Bears arent to be taken seriously, but I view them like I view the Cowboys, I dont trust Dak or Trubisky, they had the perfect storm playing at home and able to shutdown the Rams and Saints great offense. If the game is in LA or in New Orleans, the defense isnt going to shut them down again and I dont trust Dak or Trubisky on the road to make enough plays to keep up with the Rams and Saints. 

football humility youngin.  Defense travels.  Mcvey abandoned the run for 1 simple reason, they couldn't run the ball.  The rams got dominated at the point of attack on both sides of the ball last night.  Will it happen again in LA? Maybe, maybe not. But saying you want the Bears defense again? C'mon man

Ill add to that I know the NFL are now trying to push back that defense isnt totally gone just look at what the Cowboys did to the Saints, the Bears did to the Rams, and to a certain extent the Ravens did to the Chiefs. Also look how great the Jags and Vikings defense was last season. Did either team get to the Superbowl? Nope. They both met their fate on the road against teams that can score a ton of points. Afterall, nobody can trust Keenum or Bortles on the road. So its going to be no different this season. Nice story about Baltimore, Chicago, and Dallas. How many people is going to trust Jackson, Dak, and Trubisky on the road at KC, NE, LA, or New Orleans against teams that can score?

1 minute ago, stl4life07 said:

Ill add to that I know the NFL are now trying to push back that defense isnt totally gone just look at what the Cowboys did to the Saints, the Bears did to the Rams, and to a certain extent the Ravens did to the Chiefs. Also look how great the Jags and Vikings defense was last season. Did either team get to the Superbowl? Nope. They both met their fate on the road against teams that can score a ton of points. Afterall, nobody can trust Keenum or Bortles on the road. So its going to be no different this season. Nice story about Baltimore, Chicago, and Dallas. How many people is going to trust Jackson, Dak, and Trubisky on the road at KC, NE, LA, or New Orleans against teams that can score?

The Vikings lost to the Eagles who were defensive equals.  The Jags lost to a BETTER statistical defense in the Pats.  The Pats then lost to the superior defense in the Eagles.  Defense still wins championships.  Here I is a fun fact, the last 5 SuperBowl champs have been top 5 scoring defenses

1 minute ago, Superman(DH23) said:

football humility youngin.  Defense travels.  Mcvey abandoned the run for 1 simple reason, they couldn't run the ball.  The rams got dominated at the point of attack on both sides of the ball last night.  Will it happen again in LA? Maybe, maybe not. But saying you want the Bears defense again? C'mon man

Im more so talking about the rushing attempts. Rams was trying to sell the run without actually running the ball. If the Rams had enough rushing attempts, those playaction passes would be more effective. Plus in the 4th quarter when the Rams actually started giving the ball to Gurley, the Rams started moving the ball some. Gurley broke off a few good gains on the ground in the 4th quarter which made me upset because they shouldve done that earlier in the game.

The Rams might very well get the Bears in LA in the playoffs. Lets see if they can have that type of performance again.

12 minutes ago, Superman(DH23) said:

The Vikings lost to the Eagles who were defensive equals.  The Jags lost to a BETTER statistical defense in the Pats.  The Pats then lost to the superior defense in the Eagles.  Defense still wins championships.  Here I is a fun fact, the last 5 SuperBowl champs have been top 5 scoring defenses

Get outta here. Your team has taken L’s bro gtfo with some 85 bears d. The rams have had 2 back to back crap shows on offense. Something ain’t right.. Bears have Mitch and that’s their down fall. 

Just now, El ramster said:

Get outta here. Your team has taken L’s bro gtfo with some 85 bears d. The rams have had 2 back to back crap shows on offense. Something ain’t right.. Bears have Mitch and that’s their down fall. 

We're talking about playoffs not the regular season.  And MT10 hasn't been the reason for any of the losses sooooo...

Archived