How good is Jared Goff?

jrry32

1 hour ago, Pool said:

I'm saying in your situation its SuperBowl or bust. I mean, those are the expectations are they not? And when you get beat badly it's got put a little bit of a dent in that. 

He plays the Eagles secondary, so all will be corrected this week. 

6 hours ago, Pool said:

I'm saying in your situation its SuperBowl or bust. I mean, those are the expectations are they not? And when you get beat badly it's got put a little bit of a dent in that. 

I expect everybody wants to win the Super Bowl. No, I don't think a 15-6 loss to the Bears puts a dent in that.

8 hours ago, Pool said:

Am I being reductive? Don't get me wrong here. Ya'll got a good team. No denying that. But I think you're more nervous after that loss to the Bears than you're willing to admit. And it doesn't matter that it was the Bears. Could have been any team. Watching your team get beaten badly when you have SB aspirations raises questions that weren't there before. And hey, strength of schedule etc etc I don't much care about that. None of that helps you win on the field. Nor will it matter after this seasons over. When you talk about how they have looked do you want to look closer at that? I mean, the KC game was a complete mess of a game by both teams. I see some pretty close games against mediocre teams (GB,DEN, when looking at your schedule. It really looks like the only games you dominated were against the lowly Cardinals and 49'ers. Correct me if I'm wrong here as I really don't follow your team much.  

You were talking about SOS before you got proved wrong lol.

Now you don't care? which is it. You, sound like a mad man blabbing around for no reason, Despite being well spoken.

But your brain and mouth are playing marco polo. What is your point that you're trying to argue? I really think you're meaning to say that

Chi is a better team than LA. You just don't want to flat out say it lol. I'm still LOLing at your SOS argument. 

@Pool I dont think the Rams losing at Chicago in the freezing cold puts a dent in their Superbowl aspirations. Does the Saints losing at Dallas put a dent in their Superbowl aspirations? How about the Patriots losing 4 road games to bad teams? How about the Chiefs losing on the road to both the Pats and Rams in which Mahomes turned the ball over a combined 7 times? You get the common theme here?

The only thing losing to the Bears did is give a potential game in the playoffs more argue for both sides. Same thing with Dallas beating the Saints. If the Rams had beaten the Bears and the Saints beaten the Cowboys, there would be no doubt that if those teams faced each other the Rams and Saints would win again. Now that the Rams and Saints both loss, one can argue the Bears and Cowboys have a shot to beat them again. Now they wont be favored because this time the game will be in LA and NO, but still it give anyone who wants to say one if not both og the top two seeds will lose an argument can be made. Outside of that the Bears beating the Rams doesnt put a dent in the Rams Superbowl aspirations because it was a one off game in the freezing cold in Chicago. Last time I checked barring something strange, the Rams wont have to travel to Chicago for the playoffs. Their games will be in LA in which Goff and that offense is scary good. If they have to travel to NO, its in a dome where the Rams put up 35pts this season mainly on the arm of Goff. 

12 hours ago, jrry32 said:

Why would that make us nervous? We beat the Chiefs and Chargers at home. We lost to the Bears and Saints on the road. That's not a shocker. As a fan of a franchise that was bad for a very long time, I am "nervous" before just about any game. But I'm certainly not worried about our season because we're 11-2. You're basically saying that the only way we couldn't be "nervous" is if we stayed undefeated all season. It's a pretty silly point imo. The Rams are battle tested. They've beaten legit teams. Their two losses are legit teams. The reality of the NFL is that only one team can win the Super Bowl. If that's not us, so be it. We'll have our shot, and our shot is as good as any other team's.

Also, the claim that we went all in this year is total horse manure. We aren't likely to lose a lot of key players this off-season. We have a lot of cap room in 2019, 2020, 2021, etc. Our team is young outside the OL (where we've already drafted the guys who might be the successors to our old vets). And our coach certainly isn't going anywhere. This isn't a team that is selling out for one year.

You are going to lose some players in the offseason.  Possibly both of your CBs, suh, & Fowler and all that cap room that you have is about to be eaten up either this offseason or next when you pay the QB.  At that point you are going to have 2 players eating up 30+% of your cap.  You guys went all in this year.  Now that's not to say that you wont find a way, but to deny that that team friendly QB isnt quickly approaching its expiration date is pure denial.

Now tbf, the Bears will finding themselves in that same position in 3 years, so that's when we will really find out about the FOs

4 hours ago, jrry32 said:

I expect everybody wants to win the Super Bowl. No, I don't think a 15-6 loss to the Bears puts a dent in that.

Lots of Eagles fans freaked out last year after we went up to SEA and got smoked late season.  Teams have bad weeks. No one goes 19-0.  

54 minutes ago, Superman(DH23) said:

You are going to lose some players in the offseason.  Possibly both of your CBs, suh, & Fowler and all that cap room that you have is about to be eaten up either this offseason or next when you pay the QB.  At that point you are going to have 2 players eating up 30+% of your cap.  You guys went all in this year.  Now that's not to say that you wont find a way, but to deny that that team friendly QB isnt quickly approaching its expiration date is pure denial.

Now tbf, the Bears will finding themselves in that same position in 3 years, so that's when we will really find out about the FOs

That’s not true. You need to look up our cap situation 

On 11/20/2018 at 8:49 AM, jrry32 said:

I am going to ask this despite the likelihood that I won't like the responses haha. I continuously see the phrase, "Stop Gurley and make Goff beat you if you want to beat the Rams" from other fan-bases. You never hear that about Big Ben, Brees, Rivers, etc. People know that even if you stop Conner/Bell, Big Ben can beat you. It basically treats Goff like he's a liability. However, here are his numbers for the year (along with his rank in the NFL):

258/381

67.7% (8th)

3547 yards (2nd)

9.3 YPA (2nd)

26 TDs (3rd)

6 Ints

113.5 passer rating (3rd)

Approximately, where in the NFL does Goff rank? Top 20? Top 10? Top 5? Why is he still not treated like a guy to be feared?

Lol Stop Tomlinson and the Chargers are easy. Rivers proved those people wrong. Goff to me is the second best young QB in the league. Top 10 in the NFL overall and it’s just a cumalative body of work issue that is keeping him from being top 5. 

2 hours ago, Superman(DH23) said:

You are going to lose some players in the offseason.  Possibly both of your CBs, suh, & Fowler and all that cap room that you have is about to be eaten up either this offseason or next when you pay the QB.  

I mean no offense by this, but I don't think you know a lot about our situation. Our top three CBs (Peters, Talib, and NRC) are all under contract for next year. If we "lose" any of them, it's because we cut them. Suh is gone. Barron will be cut. Fowler may or may not be retained. And Joyner is gone. Beyond that, all our starters are likely to return. With those guys gone, we'll have around $40 million in cap space. If we cut Brockers, we'll jump up to around $50 million in cap space. We're still sitting pretty.

At that point you are going to have 2 players eating up 30+% of your cap.  You guys went all in this year.  Now that's not to say that you wont find a way, but to deny that that team friendly QB isnt quickly approaching its expiration date is pure denial.

LOL. Nobody denied that. What I denied is that we're all in for this year. At minimum, we have one or more two years. The Rams want to win a Super Bowl this year, but they're not all in. I imagine, like me, you have some poker experience. "All in" means you win or you're out. We're not in that situation yet.

I don't know how good he is. I really don't know. He looked awful his rookie season. He's looked great under McVay and an improved OL. And then there's last game where the running game nor the OL was playing well and we saw good old rookie Goof again.

He obviously has the talent. He has to continue to improve, though. When the Rams have to extend him and won't be able to put the elite talent around him that he's benefiting from this year, that's where the real trial begins.

2 hours ago, KellChippy said:

Lots of Eagles fans freaked out last year after we went up to SEA and got smoked late season.  Teams have bad weeks. No one goes 19-0.  

And they lost to a smoking hot chiefs team to start (Saints in our case). 

That is wishful thinking on our part. We need Goff and Co to play better! Then as you say that, You remember that

Goff is only 24 years old. It's not fair to ask of him to be like Brady just yet.. 

4 hours ago, TheKillerNacho said:

I don't know how good he is. I really don't know. He looked awful his rookie season. He's looked great under McVay and an improved OL. And then there's last game where the running game nor the OL was playing well and we saw good old rookie Goof again.

He obviously has the talent. He has to continue to improve, though. When the Rams have to extend him and won't be able to put the elite talent around him that he's benefiting from this year, that's where the real trial begins.

I'm not sold that our offensive talent is going anywhere. 

Archived