Favorite NFL Thanksgiving games

CKS97

Turkey day is tomorrow and the NFL has been playing on Turkey day for a long time.

What memories stands out for you the most?

there have been a lot of them- Clint Longley, Leon Lett, the buttfumble, Barry Sanders, the hilarious failure of Matt Millen

4 minutes ago, CKS97 said:

Let’s not forget the other Vikings that day- Hoard, Carter, Cunningham still threw for many Yards to other guys.

Hoard’s 50 yard TD run in the 4th quarter to essentially put the game away was one of the best runs by a guy his size that I’ve ever seen

Even though we lost, the 2011 game between the 49ers and Ravens was a great defensive struggle. Alex Smith was sacked a zillion times, and I remember him going to the sideline silently showing his frustration at Braylon Edwards for his lackluster effort in trying to catch a pass or run a certain route. 

2 hours ago, footbull3196 said:

Moss 3 catches for 163 yards and 3 TDs

This was arguably the most dominant performance I've seen from a WR in a game. The Cowboys were giving Moss 10+ cushions, he'd still run by hapless DBs and score.

Leon Lett's play was a bonehead move that cost them the game, but I liked the er, "heavyset" Keith Byars' having a 77-yard TD run in that game too. With no traction from the snowy ice surface, once Keith got through the line the DB's couldn't accelerate to catch him so he was gone daddy gone. 

Also, he did a Snow Angel in the end zone. Massive style points. 

Archived