Perry to IR Looney brought up from practice squad

Golfman

On 11/24/2018 at 7:44 PM, Arthur Penske said:

So if you go to work tomorrow and get hit by a truck  one of your coworkers and break your leg at no fault of your own, you’re “stealing” money from your company while recouperating?

So if I  was in sales and was paid like my company's top salesman but produced like the company's worst, I wouldn't be stealing money?  Has nothing to do with his injury and how horrid he was at his job this year. 

Reality is this injury is a non factor because he was a non factor on the football field despite his massive contract. 

On 11/24/2018 at 6:40 PM, Golfman said:

The upside is you get him off the books this year. That cleans his slate in 2020 when we have a lot more free agents to make decisions, both pending and getting a few guys done early so they are around and potentially cheaper to do it early. 

The upside is you more than likely get a guy who can stay on the field more than Perry. 

Sometimes the difference between getting a guy like J. Clowney or not is 1-2 million per year. Cutting a guy who basically gives you nothing and freeing up that money is totally worth it. 

We need more of this (activating Looney). I understand the logic of keeping guys active who are hurt, with the idea of them being healthy for the playoffs, but the playoffs are effectively over for us this year. We need healthy bodies to try to win as many games as possible this year. Guys that should go on the IR this week are: Breeland, Brice, Daniels, Davis, King, Cobb, Carson, and possibly Greene, and Patrick. 

That's 7-9 spots that would open up for healthy bodies. Call up Kumerow, Coleman, Donnerson, Wolf, and Pankey. Then raid some other teams' practice squads. Get some healthy bodies out there!

3 minutes ago, chucknorris101 said:

why do we want to win games if we arent making the playoffs? being statistically eliminated means its stupid to do anything but tank

Building a winning culture is important. Players must have the right mindset: "Winning isn't everything, it's the only thing!"

10 minutes ago, Mr. Fussnputz said:

Building a winning culture is important. Players must have the right mindset: "Winning isn't everything, it's the only thing!"

Mindset isnt the strong suit of this organization right now. 

Maybe if Mike is sacked today. The org could say we are in it to win it and give our young guys a chance to develop and learn how to win for the future. 

Mike's process is just dragging that effort down at this point

I’m not worried about the mindset when the team is going to experience the type of turnover it’s about to with or without us winning a couple more games from here on out. I wanna see if any of the kids can play or not. Guys like Josh Jones need to suck out loud for a little while but I think the more he plays the better he’ll look even if it’s going to be brutal at times the rest of the way. 

54 minutes ago, Mr. Fussnputz said:

I don't buy this for a second.  It's not like McCarthy is going out there and telling the players to throw the game.  You're giving your vets who are clearly hobbled a jump on recovery and getting an extended look at your young players.

58 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

I don't buy this for a second.  It's not like McCarthy is going out there and telling the players to throw the game.  You're giving your vets who are clearly hobbled a jump on recovery and getting an extended look at your young players.

Yeah I actually believe you can sour a culture when you aren't maybe trying everything to win but this isn't one of those situations where I'd be worried. They'd all know that next year will be a real deal shot again and we're just trying to figure out what we have

1 hour ago, chucknorris101 said:

Mindset isnt the strong suit of this organization right now. 

Maybe if Mike is sacked today. The org could say we are in it to win it and give our young guys a chance to develop and learn how to win for the future. 

Mike's process is just dragging that effort down at this point

Dead serious question, what are we assuming Mike's process is? Aaron is still talking playoffs too even on a side note

20 hours ago, incognito_man said:

I still can't follow this 😂

they are gonna eat some dead money, but save money overall.  Some of Perry's contract still needs to be paid out, but that amount isn't more than his cap hit next year.

If they rip the band-aid off and put all the dead money next year, it will only save 4M.  If they spread it out over 2019 and 2020, they will save an additional 7M next year, but owe that 7M in 2020.

16 minutes ago, Norm said:

Yeah I actually believe you can sour a culture when you aren't maybe trying everything to win but this isn't one of those situations where I'd be worried. They'd all know that next year will be a real deal shot again and we're just trying to figure out what we have

It'd be one thing if the Packers were still very much in the mix for a playoff spot, but chose to play their young players instead.  But the Packers are all but mathematically eliminated, so they're getting their young guys an extended look.  It's not like they're not going out there and competing.

Archived