TACT XIX: Totally Worth A 1st, Thanks Oakland!!

D82

17 hours ago, DaBoys said:

Hike back down, and quickly realize that another group had been to the spot already. New pole holders, new trash, and no phone.

Did you contact law enforcement to process that evidence?

6 minutes ago, TVScout said:

Did you contact law enforcement to process that evidence?

I have a police report, and am supposed to be contacted by a financial crimes officer. Hasn’t happened yet. But they do have my bank statements and charge details. 

It seems like one of those situations where I’ll have to hand the case to them

Edited by DaBoys

4 hours ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

Down a hair under 60lbs (58lbs this morning).

It's a love hate relationship. I have unreal cravings now which I never did in the past. But a few more months until football season until I can have beer again.

Interesting. The cravings went away from me after a few weeks. Everything besides chips (nachos) and beer. 

I quit Keto last year during football season and ballooned up. I started again in June and have lost 15#s already and am feeling better. Want to lost another 30#'s by my Birthday (late Oct). 

Edited by Matts4313

1 hour ago, DaBoys said:

I have a police report, and am supposed to be contacted by a financial crimes officer. Hasn’t happened yet. But they do have my bank statements and charge details. 

It seems like one of those situations where I’ll have to hand the case to them

Seems like your bank would want to be involved and press charges?

1 minute ago, Matts4313 said:

Seems like your bank would want to be involved and press charges?

That’s what I thought. No one seems to care because my money is being refunded. Even the police were like, “yeah but you should get that money back.” I was like that’s nice, but I would still like these guys to be off the streets. Plus I’m a bail bondsman so they would need me to get them out... it’s a conversation I really want to have

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DaBoys said:

Plus I’m a bail bondsman so they would need me to get them out... it’s a conversation I really want to have

xD

You found objects at the scene. I am wondering if LE got finger prints.

6 minutes ago, TVScout said:

xD

You found objects at the scene. I am wondering if LE got finger prints.

No the pole holders they used were sticks. So probably can’t lift prints off of them. There was some trash down there that might be better, but not a slam dunk.

There were 3 phone bills paid with my card. Surely there is a way to find out who’s bill it was. I called cricket wireless and boost mobile but they said unless I have a phone number to the account then they can’t look it up.

police said they could get a warrant and find out though. Patiently waiting

25 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

That’s what I thought. No one seems to care because my money is being refunded. Even the police were like, “yeah but you should get that money back.” I was like that’s nice, but I would still like these guys to be off the streets. Plus I’m a bail bondsman so they would need me to get them out... it’s a conversation I really want to have

You know this is a retarded stance for the bank to take. It's no wonder identity theft and things of this nature are so prevalent today. I get it's hard to trace some of this stuff, but damn, this doesn't seem like one of those cases.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, WizardHawk said:

You know this is a retarded stance for the bank to take. It's no wonder identity theft and things of this nature are so prevalent today. I get it's hard to trace some of this stuff, but damn, this doesn't seem like one of those cases.

White collar crime seems to pay. When prosecuted most just get a slap on the hand compared to other crimes. 

On 7/9/2019 at 11:52 AM, DaBoys said:

I had a similar experience. My credit card was skimmed at a gas station pump a few months back. They racked up $40k of charges and the only reason it stopped was because they went over my credit limit, not because of the obvious fraud of 120+ consecutive charges at CVS in a 2 hour span. 

Anyway, I personally was able to track down video tape of the guys using the skimmed card at a Burger King, along with the make/model of their car, and exactly which pump at the gas station had the skimmer.

Basically nothing happened. The credit card company refunded me, and didn’t seem to care beyond that. The police never followed up to get the video files. The machine at the gas station is loose because it must still have the skimmer on it. CVS probably got screwed and has no recourse. I learned the gas station has received numerous complaints and done nothing. Valero corporate didn’t care. So I just posted about it on NextDoor.

It’s frustrating, but at least the CC companies are good about refunding fraudulent activity.

• Like 1