TACT XIX: Totally Worth A 1st, Thanks Oakland!!

D82

2 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

Im wondering how long it takes each member here to realize what it spells. The first time I saw it, I thought nothing of it. Then someone made a joke about his name.... and I realized the @ and the 4 are A's. I felt really dumb for not noticing it sooner. 

I support @N4L’s creativity. Well done, sir. Well done, indeed.

somewhere in this god forsaken thread I posted a what should I do.. "Follow my heart" or "listen to my mind" I won't get into specifics except to say. I followed my heart. I spent a good chunk or my retirement money on a freakin RV. I am both ecstatic and scared.  The things I want to do... But damn shet is so expensive. 

ON that note. I asked my dealer if the RV was satellite ready for a dish. They said yes. I needed a dish to get to watch the NFL and NBA wherever I was at or going.

No problem they said. Dish TV was 400 dollars more or less. Direct TV was 1000 more or less. But that was just for the parts. Installation/labor was almost 1000 for either. I almost lost it. I told them some very bad words usually only used for Cowboy losses. 

I said I had to think about it. 

Then someone told me. why not just get an apple TV monitor and stream services from my phone and Mirror it to the TV. O.o

All you need is your phone hot-spot to stream.

I must be a caveman. I have never heard of this. Would that work????  

damn the money I could save..

sincerely Caveman from Florida

Edited by resilient part 2

1 hour ago, resilient part 2 said:

somewhere in this god forsaken thread I posted a what should I do.. "Follow my heart" or "listen to my mind" I won't get into specifics except to say. I followed my heart. I spent a good chunk or my retirement money on a freakin RV. I am both ecstatic and scared.  The things I want to do... But damn shet is so expensive. 

ON that note. I asked my dealer if the RV was satellite ready for a dish. They said yes. I needed a dish to get to watch the NFL and NBA wherever I was at or going.

No problem they said. Dish TV was 400 dollars more or less. Direct TV was 1000 more or less. But that was just for the parts. Installation/labor was almost 1000 for either. I almost lost it. I told them some very bad words usually only used for Cowboy losses. 

I said I had to think about it. 

Then someone told me. why not just get an apple TV monitor and stream services from my phone and Mirror it to the TV. O.o

All you need is your phone hot-spot to stream.

I must be a caveman. I have never heard of this. Would that work????  

damn the money I could save..

sincerely Caveman from Florida

Bro, you dont even need an apple TV. Unless you just really like apple products or buy a lot of iTunes. 

You can get an amazon stick for like $50 and do the same thing.

Or a chromecast for $30 and just cast it from your laptop/android phone. 

Edited by Matts4313

59 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

What is the set up in the RV TV wise? 

What phone do you use?

What to do you use to buy/rent movies (itunes, amazon, vudu, etc)?

Is streaming live sports the only goal or is there others?

How technically inclined are you? 

@resilient part 2

I am taking out the standard small 24" TV and replacing it with a larger smart TV so I can stream Netflix, Amazon and YouTube.

My phone is just a Samsung but may change when I go to Verizon (better coverage while out there I guess)

Sports streaming is the main goal but not necessarily the only one.

Technically I am a functioning Caveman, but my girlfriend helps with the bigger stuff SOMETIMES

Problem with her, see always thinks here advice is right. Sometimes see hits the homerun, others see strikes out BIG time. I don't like to ask. 

Edited by resilient part 2

2 minutes ago, resilient part 2 said:

I am taking out the standard small 24" TV and replacing it with a larger smart TV so I can stream Netflix, Amazon and YouTube.

If you are buying a smart TV you dont need a streaming device, its built in. Just get one that can run a variety of apps like youtube TV/Sling/Hulu TV, those all offer the option of streaming live sports

My phone is just a Samsung but may change when I go to Verizon (better coverage while out there I guess)

Ok, so you are on Android. You def do not need an Apple TV. There are much cheaper/better options. 

See above

Technically I am a functioning Caveman, but my girlfriend helps with the bigger stuff SOMETIMES

Do you know what a VPN is? 

Problem with her, see always thinks here advice is right. Sometimes see hits the homerun, others see strikes out BIG time. I don't like to ask. 

Thats why you have us buddy

1 minute ago, Matts4313 said:

If you are buying a smart TV you dont need a streaming device, its built in. Just get one that can run a variety of apps like youtube TV/Sling/Hulu TV, those all offer the option of streaming live sports

Ok, so you are on Android. You def do not need an Apple TV. There are much cheaper/better options. 

See above

Do you know what a VPN is? 

Thats why you have us buddy

You promise not to berate me and act like a know it all then??? :)

meanwhile, if I don't need an apple TV, then how can I mirror my phone/TV with things like NBA league pass etc..

8 minutes ago, resilient part 2 said:

You promise not to berate me and act like a know it all then??? :)

No promises

meanwhile, if I don't need an apple TV, then how can I mirror my phone/TV with things like NBA league pass etc..

1. Most quality smart TVs in 2019 have that feature built in. Most of them are now running off of Android (the same thing as your phone). For example, on my phone if I want to cast something to the TV there is a button on my phone and boom, they are connected. 

2. If your TV doesnt have that, you need something *like* an Apple TV. Here are some options.

Apple TV4k - $200

https://www.amazon.com/Apple-TV-64GB-Latest-Model/dp/B075NHCSS4

Amazon Firestick $25

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0791TX5P5/ref=ODS_XS_SMP_TK_ILM_WS_102019?pd_rd_w=4mtB1&pf_rd_p=88c65387-1903-4aa6-9788-f41d49c3f2cd&pf_rd_r=9F37S4N9TPXN2YXW29BN&pd_rd_r=ffd15400-41b2-4a7e-8676-72821a4bef95&pd_rd_wg=zusUH

ChromeCast - $35

https://www.amazon.com/Google-GA00439-US-Chromecast-3rd-Generation/dp/B015UKRNGS/ref=sr_1_3?crid=2QHFLAT1K1WQ6&keywords=chromecast&qid=1571502947&sprefix=chrome%2Caps%2C195&sr=8-3

Both of those will allow you to send stuff from your phone to your TV. The one on the bottom does a better job and is $165 less expensive. But again, if you are buying a new quality 2019 smart TV *YOU DONT NEED EITHER*

Edited by Matts4313
  • Like 1

@resilient part 2

Here are 2 tvs that are 43" that you could consider: 

Cheaper option:

https://www.amazon.com/TCL-Class-Dolby-Vision-Smart/dp/B07S5GVH6D

$300 - has Roku + every app possible built into it. Literally everything you would ever need for about the price of an Apple TV. 

High end option:

https://www.amazon.com/Samsung-QN65Q60RAFXZA-Flat-QLED-Q60/dp/B07N4KZ3C9?th=1

$600 - A super fancy TV, the picture quality, smart features, etc will all be top of the line.

I didnt know how big you were looking at, but you said upgrading from 24" 

Edited by Matts4313
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, resilient part 2 said:

If your standard TV has a HDMI port you can just buy a firestick and hassle solved. 

• Like 2