Braves sign Josh Donaldson - 1 Year / 23 million

KhanYouDigIt

First of all, f*** Brian McCann. I hope the minute he walks into the locker room, Acuna, Albies, and Swanson puts him in his place, and tells him that this Braves team actually enjoys to play baseball.

Secondly, he is awful. Shouldnt even been in a platoon with Flowers. I wouldnt want him to have 200 ABs anymore.

Third, F McCann again. 

34 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Goddamnit that's a good deal. 1 year and you get a draft pick if he's good.

Frickin Braves.

And something the Cardinals should have been all over.  Instead, they're going to give up a haul for Goldschmidt and see him walk in a year.

33 minutes ago, hrubes20 said:

Dang.  That's a terrific deal for the Braves for Donaldson.  

Nice to see our GM putting in work and bringing in one of his guys from the Jays he knows well he brought him to the bluejays in 2014 and did the same today for the braves :D   Huge fan of this deal for us and it leaves us a ton of prospects and still a good bit of money to use for other FA signings and trades.

48 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

And something the Cardinals should have been all over.  Instead, they're going to give up a haul for Goldschmidt and see him walk in a year.

Of all the free agents, he was among the most intriguing for the Brewers and he didn't even fit the team. He put up a wRC+ near the end of the year of 150. That's old school Donaldson and there's no long term commitment.

Bastards. Granted I said this about the Cubs and Tyler Chatwood last year but still.

Archived