The Race for Other NFL Awards Besides MVP

CKS97

Luck has probably nailed-down CPoY at this point, unless Watt goes on a tear down the stretch.

Offensive player of the year is going to be close between Gurley and Hill. I would give it to Gurley at this point.

Defensive player of the year is not a discussion, it's Donald.

Coach of the year - harder to say. Reid/McVay/Payton are the candidates, (Bill O'Brien could be darkhorse, 8 game winstreak and counting).

17 minutes ago, ChazStandard said:

Luck has probably nailed-down CPoY at this point, unless Watt goes on a tear down the stretch.

Offensive player of the year is going to be close between Gurley and Hill. I would give it to Gurley at this point.

Defensive player of the year is not a discussion, it's Donald.

Coach of the year - harder to say. Reid/McVay/Payton are the candidates, (Bill O'Brien could be darkhorse, 8 game winstreak and counting).

Although DPOY is 100% Donald, I would like to see Sheldon Rankins get some love this year in the conversation, much like Cam Jordan did last year.  Dude has been a beast and has like 7 or 8 sacks from DT as well.

Barring injury (knock on wood), DPOY is the only race that's truly over.

IMO Gurley has no shot at OPOY this year unless he breaks the TD record. Whoever doesn't win MVP between Brees and Mahomes will get OPOY.

Coach of the year will come down to Reid, Payton, Nagy and Reich - Nagy probably wins it if they win the North, but I'd love to see Reich getting some love.

1 hour ago, BayRaider said:

DPOY definitely Donald.

OPOY Mahomes. Although Brees will get MVP. 

COTY Payton

OROY definitely Barkely. 

DROY This is gonna be tough. Denzel Ward, Derwin James, Roquan Smith, Minkah Fitzpatrick, Vander Esch... all candidates. 

I don’t know if it’s definitely Barkley. If the browns keep winning and they beat one of the Texans and Panthers and maybe 2 more games, Baker will win the award IMO. He has completely transformed that Browns offense and is having great success. 

4 minutes ago, buno67 said:

I don’t know if it’s definitely Barkley. If the browns keep winning and they beat one of the Texans and Panthers and maybe 2 more games, Baker will win the award IMO. He has completely transformed that Browns offense and is having great success. 

Only way Baker wins it over Barkely is if the Browns win out and Baker balls out in like all of those games but one. If that happens, I give him the award no problem. 

8 minutes ago, tom cody said:

I think I'd give Matt Nagy coach of the year. He's done some good work with that Bears team. 

It will be Payton or Nagy. Payton gets it at 15 wins, maybe at 14 wins. Nagy wins it if Payton gets less than 15 wins and wins the NFC North. 

5 hours ago, Raves said:

Although DPOY is 100% Donald, I would like to see Sheldon Rankins get some love this year in the conversation, much like Cam Jordan did last year.  Dude has been a beast and has like 7 or 8 sacks from DT as well.

Meh, it ain’t really a conversation though. Donald is running away with it since Mack missed games.

26 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

It will be Payton or Nagy. Payton gets it at 15 wins, maybe at 14 wins. Nagy wins it if Payton gets less than 15 wins and wins the NFC North. 

What about if the Texans win the AFC South? They had a similar record to the bears last year and this year, although their schedule has been very soft.

Archived