16th Coach of the GB Packers (let the search begin)

squire12

10 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

I don't mind any of that.

First video is a classic deer in headlights look. Looks completely out of his depth.

Second video is of him yelling at his players rather than trying to coach. He's just screaming at them and 99% of the time that just does not work.

Of course that was a long time ago and may have learned from his mistakes/matured but its clear he has a personality issue that is extremely hard to overcome. I have no doubts about his offensive acumen and his playcalling creativity. Its all about whether he can deal with the front office, the media, the coaching staff and playing staff on a day to day basis. I still have major reservations with him in that regard. All it needs is a few missteps for Rodgers to stop listening to him and the rest of the team to follow suit.

15 hours ago, chillparsi1 said:

A lot of people are hoping Pettine can be retained, but I'm not sure how often an HC holds onto holdover coordinators. If it came to it how would people feel about Bowles coming in as DC? 

It's not unheard of. Usually people bring in "their guys" but sometimes an incoming HC likes the person in that position and retains him. 

1 minute ago, Chili said:

First video is a classic deer in headlights look. Looks completely out of his depth.

Second video is of him yelling at his players rather than trying to coach. He's just screaming at them and 99% of the time that just does not work.

Of course that was a long time ago and may have learned from his mistakes/matured but its clear he has a personality issue that is extremely hard to overcome. I have no doubts about his offensive acumen and his playcalling creativity. Its all about whether he can deal with the front office, the media, the coaching staff and playing staff on a day to day basis. I still have major reservations with him. All it needs is a few missteps for Rodgers to stop listening to him and the rest of the team to follow suit.

Your points are fair.  Have some similar concerns myself.  But I’ll give you my perspective, and you can take it for what it’s worth.  When I look at my personality, confidence, and temperament when I was 35 years of age, and compare it to when I was 45, it was vastly different.  I understand we each grow and mature at different levels, but I look back at myself at that age and cringe at some of my decisions.  I’m sure Josh does as well.  He was thrown into a HUGE level of responsibility well before he was ready.  I’m sure he’s had plenty of time to reflect since then.

McDaniels is definitely a gamble.  As some have already said, is the gamble worth the potential upside?  And if you think it is and it doesn’t pan out, then you blow it up and reboot post Rodgers.  I’m still not sure, honestly.  I’ll say this - I’m willing to get on board if Gute and company give him the nod, and I’ll gladly supply the Vaseline to myself and others who support this move and it doesn’t work out.

6 minutes ago, Chili said:

Of course that was a long time ago and may have learned from his mistakes/matured but its clear he has a personality issue that is extremely hard to overcome. I have no doubts about his offensive acumen and his playcalling creativity. Its all about whether he can deal with the front office, the media, the coaching staff and playing staff on a day to day basis. I still have major reservations with him. All it needs is a few missteps for Rodgers to stop listening to him and the rest of the team to follow suit.

How is cherry picking a few videos a measure stick of anything?

What about all the times Tom Brady has a swearing meltdown on the sidelines? What about Brady yelling at McDaniels as McDaniels calmly talks to him?

What does it say about Rodgers for all of his garbage body language and literally saying “**** play call.”?

All of these guys are alpha types. Thinking they know more than the person next to them. They all will have garbage moments as humans in this profession.

If Pettine were not to be retained by new head coach. There's plenty of experienced defensive coordinator retread candidates to choose from.

Marvin Lewis was the brains behind the famed 00's Ravens defence. Yes it was 19 years ago and he has probably since lost his mojo but still one to consider imo.

Todd Bowles, Steven Wilks, Spagnuolo, Rex Ryan, Jack Del Rio, Mike Singletary, Mike Nolan all ran/played a part in some successful defences over their careers.

There's alot of guys available with Baltimore connections :o Pettine included.

12 minutes ago, Norm said:

Not to defend MCD for what happened before, but why is it nobody thinks it's possible he learned from all that?

10 years ago I was crushing beers about every night and sleeping in until noon.

I still crush beers but get up to go to work everyday like an adult now. McDaniels can grow too.

3 minutes ago, Mr Bad Example said:

He was hilarious on GROWING PAINS and JUST THE TEN OF US.*

* j/k both those shows were **** 

If you are judging Kitchens on his looks .... Lombardi should have never been hired. He was hideous and kind os a social goofball.

Archived