16th Coach of the GB Packers (let the search begin)

squire12

17 minutes ago, Sasquatch said:

Some interesting parallels between this go round and when Sherman was fired.  Both situations occurred at the threshold of the final years of our two HOF QB’s careers, and in both cases, it wasn’t like every coach on the planet was clambering to come to GB (though, I think it’s still too early to tell this go round).

I’m not going to say Rodgers isn’t coachable. I think he is very coachable. I just think it’s the same stuff as Rosen.

He wants answers to buy off and follow along. Football, traditionally, isn’t  that way. You are given a play and you need to make it work.

Rodgers doesn’t want that. I get why a Harbaugh or Arians or even McCarthy wouldn’t want that. It’s because they want to be main driving force. They have had success a certain way and they want people to get in line. It’s more time, effort, emotions, etc to need to answer to a “partner”.

GB you are coming into a situation with that already. You have a 50/50 partner. Some don’t want that.

23 minutes ago, Green19 said:

I’m not going to say Rodgers isn’t coachable. I think he is very coachable. I just think it’s the same stuff as Rosen.

He wants answers to buy off and follow along. Football, traditionally, isn’t  that way. You are given a play and you need to make it work.

Rodgers doesn’t want that. I get why a Harbaugh or Arians or even McCarthy wouldn’t want that. It’s because they want to be main driving force. They have had success a certain way and they want people to get in line. It’s more time, effort, emotions, etc to need to answer to a “partner”.

GB you are coming into a situation with that already. You have a 50/50 partner. Some don’t want that.

Right.  What you’re essentially saying is some coaches want their star QB’s to toe the line like everyone else.  I’d say most coaches want this.  Only a few are able to manage the eccentricities of a strong-willed thoroughbred, while trying to maintain some sort of equity with the rest their players.  Getting them all on the same page, swimming in the same direction, while managing a multitude of different personalities, etc etc etc.

Then, you have the expectations of the ownership/management groups, stakeholders, and of course the fans to win and win often.  Add on the mystique and pressure of coaching and performing at a high level in a storied franchise like GB.

Glad I’m not an NFL coach, and why they get paid the big bucks.

1 hour ago, cannondale said:

I don't think I'm gonna get too caught up in the "Rodgers needs a challenge" or "Rodgers hated the system" type stuff just yet. 

Everything was fine as wine when we had some weapons

I like Simms and Lefkoe’s take on it. The packer discussion starts at around 4:27 and goes for about 15 minutes.

They discuss how the system was fine until it got old and figured out. It’s why GB kept seeing the same defense.

Florio has been predicating there will be an offseason trade for a coach for awhile now. Look at the names he chooses as the Packers' next coach. Reid seems the most far fetched because they don't have an in-house replacement but what about Payton? 

Would you give up a 1st for Payton? or how high would you go?

16 hours ago, Leader said:

Geeeeezzzzz relax Dude. You werent on trial. I thought I heard it in reverse and went to confirm it. They said it to each other. 

15 hours ago, Sasquatch said:

Why do you always tell me to relax? LOL.  I think you're the only one on here that has ever told me this.  LOL.  I think you're projecting.

Squatch, RELAX.

There.  Had to do it.

41 minutes ago, Green19 said:

I like Simms and Lefkoe’s take on it. The packer discussion starts at around 4:27 and goes for about 15 minutes.

They discuss how the system was fine until it got old and figured out. It’s why GB kept seeing the same defense.

There's too much smoke around McDaniels for there to be with no fire. I think he's preliminarily at the top of the list for Murphy/Gutey. 

Archived